M1k3y's update with pics **March update w/pics(debranded)**

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

M1k3y

M1k3y's update with pics **March update w/pics(debranded)**

#1 Post by M1k3y »

It's been months since I've posted an update and I finally got around to it. Please excuse the last pic as I could not for the life of me get a better shot. There has been some movement and I'm happy except for that one stubborn top front tooth that is still crooked. Well here are the pics. Enjoy!

For comparison here are the first pics from back in May 06.

May 31, 2006

October 2006

May 2006

Oct. 2006

May 2006

Oct. 2006

The colored-coat on the archwire did come up but I guess it's not a big deal. Most people don't even know I'm wearing braces to begin with. Next month my Ortho is switching my top arch wire with a thicker one to speed up the movement of my teeth so I'm a bit nervous on how that is going to feel and look. Check my signature below out if you want to read a little about me and my story about getting braces.
Last edited by M1k3y on Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

todddutton

#2 Post by todddutton »

Congratulations on your wonderful progress. You have come quite a long way. Keep up the great progress.

Sweet L

#3 Post by Sweet L »

Amazing progress!!! :thumbsup:

Your smile looks great :banana:

please keep us posted!
bye!

psychic

#4 Post by psychic »

Quick moving tetth, hein? :wink:

It's looking very good!! Congratulations!

Metal Braces

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#5 Post by nahky »

Hey Mikey, Thanks for asking about my progress, i was getting bit lazy in that department.

Well the progress you're mkaing seems to be going along very very well. The bottoms have lined up like soldiers. Awesome how you got to get all ceramics. I really like my ceramic tops.

Lookin forward to the updates...

catcha :P
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

jenfire

#6 Post by jenfire »

Your teeth are looking great :) The white archwire is neat...I don't believe I've ever seen that before.
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

newmetal

#7 Post by newmetal »

You have made cracking progress. I hope mine have had that much movement when i reach four months.

Cool Cool

Newmetal

broochie

#8 Post by broochie »

Wow M1k3y, your braces and wire are almost unnoticeable! And your progress is amazing, your arches are coming along nicely. Let us know when you get the new archwire.

M1k3y

#9 Post by M1k3y »

Well here are pics from my November adjustment earlier this month. I like my progress but that stubborn upper central wont move along as fast as I'd like. I was supposed to get a thicker upper arch wire this month but my ortho says he likes the way my teeth are shifting so he'll hold off on it for now. I was looking forward to that wire so my teeth can get the added pressure they need to move my teeth into alignment faster. I guess I want them to straighten out already. :lol:

If you want to compare my current pics to my first month in braces go the first post in this thread. Enjoy! :D
Last edited by M1k3y on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Debranded 3-20-08

M1k3y

#10 Post by M1k3y »

One thing I have noticed is my gumline along my middle lower teeth is raised higher than the rest of my lower teeth. I have not asked my orthodontist about this yet but what do you think will be done to remedy this? I believe this cause my lower middle teeth to look higher than the rest so it makes it look like I have a bigger overbite than I really do. Is there something that can push the teeth and gums lower to make it straight across? I just want to know what I can expect in the future or options I'd like to suggest. Thanks guys.

Debranded 3-20-08

M1k3y

#11 Post by M1k3y »

Okay I just had my upper and lower arch wires replaced with thicker ones and holy crap it feels as if I got punched in the mouth. This is what I wanted so I am not complaining. It feels like I got braces for the first time so I am used to the pain. My teeth are tender but it is not unbearable. It is late and I have yet to take pics but I'll do it a.s.a.p.

Debranded 3-20-08

M1k3y

#12 Post by M1k3y »

Here are the pics from my latest adjustment last week. As you can see the upper and lower arch wires have been replaced with thicker wires and the pain has subsided already. I'm just hoping these wires will do the trick on that stubborn upper central tooth that is still crooked. I have a dentist appt. to have my teeth cleaned on the 18th as I'm already due for a cleaning. Enjoy.

Debranded 3-20-08

MuleNag

#13 Post by MuleNag »

Wow! Great progress! Your bottom arch is really looking nice!
4 teeth extracted~4/27/06
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07
Bottoms off!!!!!!~07/15/08
My story~ http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11249

antsika

#14 Post by antsika »

Nice pics M1k3y! Your teeth look great, that strong wire will do the trick hopefully! And those brackets with white ligs and wires are not noticable at all :D

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

M1k3y

#15 Post by M1k3y »

Well I had my teeth cleaning this morning. I really don't like having to go through this ordeal because I bleed and it hurts at times. I know I have to do this every 6 months but I dread it each and every time. My teeth do feel better and cleaner. My digital camera is not charged up at the moment and I am at work but when I get a chance I will post pics of my clean teeth. :D

Debranded 3-20-08