wonder when people will guess??

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

diehard

wonder when people will guess??

#1 Post by diehard »

im going to a relatives birthday party tomorrow and there are some who will be there who have not seen me since iv started treatment, unlike a lot of people on this forum most of my movement so far has been the molars and not much on the front, but i think that from what i can see from old photos my jaw has changed because i started with a narrow arch so i do not know if anyone will mention a change hope not i do not wanna be put on the spot :shock:

That said i guess ill have to come clean soon when the front starts to move, has anyone stayed silent as long as possible before telling them??

just incase anyone gives a sesame im on tray number 17 now :)

Dawna

#2 Post by Dawna »

'course I give a sesame LOL. I only tell people if I feel like it - are you really so close with your family that you think they would notice such a change? Probably not, I think most people don't see things in such detail, so I guess you can just tell them if and when it pleases you. :wink:

gs

#3 Post by gs »

are you saying that no one has even noticed you have invisalign??

diehard

#4 Post by diehard »

yes nobody has noticed im very careful, plus im 28 in less than 2 weeks so my family and friends must assume that if i was gonna get anything done id have done it by now :lol:

Dawna

#5 Post by Dawna »

so how did the party go? Did you tell?

marsha1125

#6 Post by marsha1125 »

Everybody seems to know that I have them. I think it's the lisp..don't you have that?

Kris

#7 Post by Kris »

I have had invisalign for 6 weeks now (just started tray 4/24) and no one has noticed them or if they have have not mentioned it. I dont lisp at all anymore, did first few days but that was all. However i am only on lowers so this probably makes them less noticable.

diehard

#8 Post by diehard »

yes party went fine nobody said anything and no strange looks, had to do the usual going into bathroom to brush i think i might say something around christmas time if nobody says anything i will have had them in for a year, im 28 today so my target is to have a near perfect smile before im 30 is a reality i hope and pray :D

waiting2smile

#9 Post by waiting2smile »

Happy Birthday Diehard! :D

nvrsaynvr

#10 Post by nvrsaynvr »

Happy BDay Diehard!!

My BDAY is this week too - Lets hear it for the VIRGO's! :oops:

diehard

#11 Post by diehard »

have a good 1 nvrsaynvr :wink:

Terri1967

Are they really invisible?

#12 Post by Terri1967 »

I am very self conscious about invisalign. I haven't got them yet and am really hoping no one will be able to tell. Is that possible? I usually open my mouth a lot when I laugh or smile. Will I have to avoid that for the whole time. If I do smile very openly is it going to be very obvious? Any help much appreciated...

diehard

#13 Post by diehard »

wow most people who need treatment do not smile a lot and cover there mouth with a hand so it could be more obvious. The best advice I can give if u go with invisalign is for 1st set try and think of the best time to put them in, for instance might be worth while to book a bit of time off work just incase u have a slight lisp like most people do for a short time, also the next big thing is look in a mirror when trays in and judge what is a safe distance before the trays a noticeable, obviously some people have better eyesight than others but I generally try to stand no closer than 1 foot away from the person im speaking to. Also another giveaway could be the sun, what I mean by this is they tend to glimmer, I know it sounds a bit of hassle but try and have your back to the sun if possible to avoid the glimmer. Hope that helps u feel a bit better :)

waiting2smile

#14 Post by waiting2smile »

I find that cleaning the trays with a regular tooth brush dulls them up a bit, helping to cut back on the "shiny plastic smile" effect. :D

I've had my trays for well over a year now and someone in my office just noticed the other day for the first time. I used to worry about people noticing but now Im at the point were I don't care much anymore who knows.

diehard

#15 Post by diehard »

iv been busted today by my cuz I was cool about it because I always knew 1 day it would be spotted so I told him and we had a long chat about it, but im still swearing him to keep silent because to tell u the truth I quite like having a secret, also by him knowing about it I can now discus my treatment with him :)

oh by the way if u want to know how he knew it was because I sat next to him in a car so he had a clear side view and also there are big gaps where the teeth near the front are moving as to make some room for the main 2 front teeth if that makes any sense, so from now on im gonna have to look directly at people when speaking if possible :lol: