Sonicare Toothbrush...Worth it?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

sunflr7

Sonicare Toothbrush...Worth it?

#1 Post by sunflr7 »

I'm considering purchasing a Sonicare Elite toothbrush. Is it a worthy investment? Will it make my life in braces any easier?

TIA.

Infamy

#2 Post by Infamy »

Yes. Definitely.
Formerly known as Jim

TechChick

#3 Post by TechChick »

I just bought the new Oral-B sonic Complete. Its worth every penny. I compared the price between the sonicare and the oral-b one and the price of replacement brushes and the oral-b won out. I absolutly love this brush.
TechChick,

If its not smoking then its a software problem

carol0620

sonicare electronic brush

#4 Post by carol0620 »

:D

just wondered which model of soni care brush is best for those who have braces? from wat i seen on the web, it has lotta models. can anyone pls recommand the model? my ortho said it is worth to buy.

bbsadmin

Luv my Sonicare

#5 Post by bbsadmin »

I've had both Sonicare styles. I now use the new Elite model, and my husband still uses the "old style" Advance model.

Yes, I think it's worth it. I used Sonicare for years before getting braces, and I find it indespensible now that I have braces. Your teeth get really really clean, and it helps prevent gum disease with that sonic wave it emits.

You wind up changing brush heads about every 3 months. But that's really the only downside.

I don't know how it compares to the Oral-b electric toothbrush -- I've never tried that one. But some people like it a lot.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Knucemike

Sonicare Toothbrush

#6 Post by Knucemike »

I bought a sonicare 7800 after I got my braces and really love it. It seems to do a really great job of cleaning the teeth. One thing I like is it has a built in timer so you get at least the required 2 minutes of brushing. If you have ever used ebay - you can get some great deals on sonicare.

Mike

TimSeattle

#7 Post by TimSeattle »

I have used a Sonicare for many years and find it a great help now that I have braces. It gets my teeth cleaner than a plain toothbrush. And I think one of the main advantages is that is helps to stimulate the gums and keep them healthy. I haven't tried an Oral-B or other type of electronic brush, so I really can't compare them.

Dodger(UK)

#8 Post by Dodger(UK) »

I think you've just sold a sonicare toothbrush to me lol :wink:

Jill

#9 Post by Jill »

definitely. with braces, electric is the only way to go! regular toothbrushes just stopped being as effective for me with these thingies on my teeth

bbsadmin

When you first use Sonicare

#10 Post by bbsadmin »

If you've never brushed your teeth with a Sonicare, you do need to get used to all that vibration in your mouth. It feels very strange at first! :lol: But you get used to it!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Dodger(UK)

#11 Post by Dodger(UK) »

lol - Lynne - just had to double check there, that you were talking about a sonicare :wink: :oops:

bbsadmin

#12 Post by bbsadmin »

In the words of Austin Powers, "Oh, behave!" :wink:

swellen

Re: Luv my Sonicare

#13 Post by swellen »

bbsadmin wrote: You wind up changing brush heads about every 3 months. But that's really the only downside.
You should change your toothbrush (or brush head) every three months anyway. I change mine when the season changes (that's the only way I can remember!)

bbsadmin

#14 Post by bbsadmin »

I'm waiting until I get my braces off to change my brush head this time around. I changed it about 2 months ago. Hopefully it won't get so tattered that I'll be forced to change it before I'm braces-free!

The Sonicare people say that you should change the brush head at least twice a year, but I think 3-4 times a year is better. The braces do make the brush head tattered more quickly, but it's not as bad as you'd think.

sunflr7

#15 Post by sunflr7 »

Getting my sonicare elite 7600 this weekend. So excited.
Never thought I would ever get so excited about a toothbrush purchase.