Sarah68 got braces!!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sarah68

Sarah68 is now full Metal Mouth!

#16 Post by Sarah68 »

Well, I am now a full metal mouth! After 20 days of only having top braces, I now have top and bottom and 4 molars banded :-#)

It's ok!

The only real problem was that the orthodontist kept chatting to me and expecting a reply. :-+ How can they think we can talk when someone is up to their elbows in our mouth and using TOOLS???!!! :?

Seriously though, there is a feeling of fullness in my mouth and the lower front teeth have been feeling itchy, which is weird, and metal hits metal when I close my mouth, but I am sure in time things will settle and I'll hardly notice having braces.

There was a bit of pressure when the orthodontist put the bands on the 4 molars, and I was shocked to see a "bridge" of wire suspended in mid-air going from the bands to the brace, over the gaps where the extractions had been done. It seems like the tiniest bit of pressure on this suspended wire will break it so I'm a bit nervous of that happening. Or is it stronger than it looks :?:

However, after only 3 days the gap is closing!!!!! I can't believe how fast there has been movement in my mouth. And my top teeth have gone really sensitive again so I assume the incisors are continuing to undo their overlap but I can't see any change yet. No movement seems to be happening to my sticky-out lower canines yet...

I went for brighter pink ligs this time, the pale pink I got first was far too subtle! Next time it will be purple or turquoise. Everyone in work thinks I look great and some of them really peer into my mouth with great interest! :lol:

So, it's all fine and I'm still thrilled and excited! My mouth felt a bit swollen yesterday (except it wasn't really) as I'd had to give 5 hours of lectures and could have done without that so soon after being fuly braced!

How are the rest of you doing??? :thumbsup:

caryca

#17 Post by caryca »

I have the same thing with lowers like Karen....it's just sticks all the time :evil: ...and funny thing I feel more bottoms then tops....so it's wiered.

Wow 5h of lectures!!!!! I have (well :roll: had) problems after 2h without braces!!!

I have a wire to connect my first pre-molar with first molar...and I had the same concern...after a while I got used to it...but in September I was eating something ( :roll: I am still not sure if its on the no-no list- a Polish speciality :wink: -very good one!) and I push my food into it... :shock: :soremouth: that's how I looked after it for about 2-3 minuts....but it was ok afterwareds....well the 8 was broken- I have it to close the gap (what do you have?) and I have a small tube of plastic around the archwire so it does not botters me- it's great! but...after 4 months I see that next time it will be gone! :lol: the space that was there is much smaller and the tube will prevent my tooth from moving...so it will go- I guess :wink:

take care and good luck with 'getting used to'
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

Sarah68

Update

#18 Post by Sarah68 »

Hi KK and Caryca! :D For some reason I didn't get an email saying there has been postings and I felt really abandoned!!! So it was great to see your replies!

Great to hear you are both doing ok. :-)o

All is okay with my teeth, although I had several days of wax on one bracket as it rubbed a hole in my mouth. Seems to be a lot better, but by the evening I'm back with the wax :soremouth: I think I am still suffering from so much talking in work too soon! And talking makes my mouth dry still, although my lips aren't so dry and cracking as they were. Sounds so awful, this list of physical problems :oops: Oh, and just the last few days I've dribbled a bit, and spat a little once :oops: :oops:

The gaps where the teeth were removed have closed loads. I really can't believe it, and it makes the wire bridge thingies seem less vulnerable, but I still can't believe I've not broken it! :jump: It's odd though but I can't see where the teeth have moved at the front even though I can clearly see the gaps have closed loads. So, I assume that it's the molars that have moved :?

My partner bought me a fabulous bagel for lunch today. It was a lovely thought... but not really do-able in my current situation! He knew that but said he got over-excited on visiting our new delicatessen! It took me about 30 mins to slice it up and dismantle it and I only managed to eat half as I was so exhausted and frustrated! I have now decided that the first thing I eat when I am de-braced is a bagel!

And that's the end of another Metal Mouth day. Nite nite. :-Z