TuZZi's 18 years of waiting are finally over! -Update Jan 10

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Matilda

Re: TuZZi's 18 years of waiting are finally over! -Update Ja

#61 Post by Matilda »

TuZZi wrote:I'm back! Only 6 years later!

I promised an update... better late than never, right??

I just have to find pictures! Stay tuned!
Yay! And how are your teeth doing today?

TrustGodAuburn

#62 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

What amazing progress you made! Can't wait to see your final pics!

Anna5

#63 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, what an AMAZING progress you have made!!! It gives me great hope!
Im looking forward to seeing your recent pictures!

TuZZi

#64 Post by TuZZi »

Sooooo, during the last few months of being braced, I didn't notice changes like I did at the beginning (it's just fine tuning closer to the end,) and I kind of lost interest taking pictures, and adding updates. Sorry for that, but life also got in the way too :P

These next 2 pictures are from the end of March 2007, 3 months before my braces came off for good :-D I ended up wearing power chains from February right up until I was disbanded June 12 2007. They were pretty boring and gold/silver, as you can see, and most of the things that needed fine tuning were my front teeth, and bicuspids.
March 28 open

March 28 front 2

I actually wasn't prepared to get my braces off the day I did. I didn't believe they were as perfect as they should be yet, and wasn't really ready for my journey to be over. But alas, they came off! I tried to contain myself the best I could at the office, during the final molds, after photos, looking in the mirror, and the Orthodontist and others happily commenting on how great they turned out. It didn't really sink in until after I got home that night, and finally had a chance to sit in front of the mirror for a while, that my life was FINALLY changed for the better. I could smile without hesitation. I didn't have to worry about someone making a rude comment about my teeth, and I could finally be the loud-mouth smartass I was born to be! :D :D :D

The finished product!!!
Braces off June 12

This angle amazes me every time! I still bite into something, notice the shape and smile to this day!
Uppers - braces off June 12

Since disbanding, I've had perio done once, within the first 6 months and will have it again soon due to a LOT of recession. :( It didn't work as well as I had hoped, and I ended up fainting in the chair, as well as in the waiting room. My first trip in an ambulance, puking the whole way! YAY!

During the perio, tissue was taken from the roof of my mouth, and implanted over some of my lower gum tissue. Because of that, I was unable to wear my retainer for a week while my palette healed, and since my teeth still shift TO THIS DAY... my retainer wouldn't fit again when I was healed. So not even 6 months after I had a "perfect" smile, my uppers had shifted out of place and I had to get a new retainer :( Luckily they didn't shift a lot to the naked eye, but I still feel like I lost out and they aren't "perfect" any more.

Anyways, I would definitely recommend ANYONE that needs orthodontic help; kids, adults, grandparents, etc etc to not ever hesitate and get it done! If your quality of life can be improved by it, DON'T WAIT, AND GET IT DONE NOW!
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

TuZZi

#65 Post by TuZZi »

Oh and just so you don't have to go and scroll back.... this is what I started with!

Before - front and centre

before braces side view

Only 8 teeth fit on the wire the first day!
Aug 31 braces extreme closeup
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

Anna5

#66 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, how beautiful your teeth has turned out, congratulations!!! You have such a nice smile!
I read in one of your earlier posts that you were recommended SARPE, but did not go this way. That gives me great hope (I refused SARPE as well), I hope my teeth will turn out as nicely as yours. You can be very proud of them and I hope you keep smiling all the time!

Anna5

#67 Post by Anna5 »

I forgot to say, but it is really an AMAZING transformation!!!!! I almost can't believe it, you must have had the BEST ortho!

Matilda

#68 Post by Matilda »

Unbelievable! :shock: I'm speechless! :shock:

BIG congratulations and THANKS for posting the above pictures.

c2steph

#69 Post by c2steph »

Wow, your teeth look amazing!!! Congrats : )
28yrs old planning to get braces soon.
My journey so far:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46316
Putting my braces on hold: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46364

TrustGodAuburn

#70 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Absolutely amazing! Congrats on your beautiful smile!

kohldampf

#71 Post by kohldampf »

WOW!! Your teeth are gorgeous! What an awesome story, thank you for sharing it! :)

MrPlenty

Re: TuZZi's 18 years of waiting are finally over! -Update Jan 10

#72 Post by MrPlenty »

Wow I couldn't read this thread and not reply. What an amazing transformation. I can only imagine how wonderful life has become! Thank God for orthodontics.

BeautifulDisaster

Re: TuZZi's 18 years of waiting are finally over! -Update Jan 10

#73 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

Congratulations on the beautiful smile! Your results are amazing. I literally can't believe you had braces for less than 2 years. Big kudos to your ortho!

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574