I started my braces adventure

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dunnyet

Re: I started my braces adventure

#16 Post by Dunnyet »

Greetings! Quick update here- just over seven months into my braces adventure. My last visit to my orthodontist started with a panoramic X-ray. Then she repositioned three brackets and one molar band, which is really annoying as it’s rubbing on the inside of my cheek now. Good news, no more bite plate, bad news, bite blocks instead. New ligature colours- pink, Mediterranean blue and yellow! And new plan - one upper space ( extraction many years ago) that we were going to widen for an implant will now be closed instead eliminating the need for an implant. My guess is this will lengthen my time in braces, but time will tell. Overall, so far, so good!
Cheers you lot!

Dunnyet

#17 Post by Dunnyet »

Hi All, eleven months in, got new steel wires fitted as well as power chains upper and lower teeth. Only front four teeth on top are chained, green power chain. Lower front six are tied together, blue power chain. Still have bite blocks on my teeth.
So far, so good. Some tenderness with the new wires, but tolerable. No pain , no gain, right?
Be good, and remember to bring your bling and smile!
Cheers!

Dunnyet

#18 Post by Dunnyet »

Greetings All! Just over one year in metal braces! Half way there? Maybe ! Time flies. New wires, still have bite blocks in due to my deep bite issues. Apparently things are going well according to Dr. K. Sporting yellow power chain on top, pink on the lower teeth! Bring your bling and smile!
Cheers!