Deep Bite Correction and Facial Changes (f24)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hinakoko

Deep Bite Correction and Facial Changes (f24)

#1 Post by hinakoko »

Hey everyone!
I am currently getting my deep bite corrected and have noticed some facial changes which I feel really self-conscious about.

My upper front teeth used to cover my whole lower front teeth but now after 8 months of treatment with traditional braces they look pretty normally aligned (top teeth no longer covering lower teeth).

However, my face looks pretty gaunt and elongated (as many have described before- it's the exact same pattern!) It started shortly after I got the braces and while I didn't get extractions I assume it's an illusion created because of my bite opening up more to correct my deep bite (and thus stretching my cheek fat). My ortho never mentioned this before even though I specifically asked if my face will change.

I'm pretty sad these days. I mean, it makes sense for my face to look longer but I never really thought about it as no one ever mentioned it before. I strongly dislike my face these days and hate taking photos of myself, although I considered myself not too unattractive pre-braces.

I'm wondering if any of you have had these issues before and noticed your face becoming fuller again after taking your braces off? Is there a way to reverse the damage somehow? I just wish I had never gotten braces tbh...

I hope that's not too much. I've just been frustrated for quite a while already :(

Thanks in advance to everyone reading this!! Stay safe.

TCCZ

Re: Deep Bite Correction and Facial Changes (f24)

#2 Post by TCCZ »

My ortho said my looks would change while going through this so currently I look like a chimpanzee. I can't say what the final look will be so all I can do is say I wish you the best.

Raquen

Re: Deep Bite Correction and Facial Changes (f24)

#3 Post by Raquen »

Hello,any update?