Fast progress!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

WonkyToothBGone

Fast progress!

#1 Post by WonkyToothBGone »

Hi everyone! Its been a little while now since my last post. So, i started this process back in July, and I'm now 4 months in. I cannot believe how fast my teeth have moved. I thought it was going to be much more slow-going. My wonky tooth is now twisted in line with the others, though it is still a bit vertically challenged. I can feel the backs of all of my teeth, including the bottom. It feels SOOOO weird, but in a good way. I am almost obsessively running my tongue across the backs of my teeth, because it feels like a different mouth. And I seem to be able to breathe a bit easier these days (really strange). I had no idea my teeth were affecting my breathing, so its a real bonus to have that fixed too.

Now I know I still have some time to go yet, but honestly - the only regret I have is not doing this sooner. Even with my braces still on, I smile so much more now. The weight of that one thing that bothered me about myself is being taken away, little by little. For those of you that are here and haven't started your own journey yet, I just cannot tell you how good it feels. Its amazing.

So, the details - all the power chains are off now and the last adjustment saw me with 2 new wires. It feels like these are starting to provide more shaping - 'arch' and outward lift, if that makes sense? Anyway, I haven't had too much pain this time, but there have been a few mouth sores in the soft tissue. The power chains seemed to provide a bit more protection from the sharp edges, but with that gone now, I have to be a bit more careful and use wax occasionally.

I have another appointment in about 2 weeks or so - this time with an orthodontic technician for a simple adjustment. I've not met the tech. before, so I will have to see how it goes.

Thats about it from me now. I'm * hoping * that soon I will be able to post some progress photos for you, but I have to get my act in gear and make more posts in here first. Rules are rules! :-)

Best wishes to all of you!

Until next time....

Spacegecko49

Re: Fast progress!

#2 Post by Spacegecko49 »

Well Done! :D

TCCZ

Re: Fast progress!

#3 Post by TCCZ »

Well I just read this and it is really encouraging to here about the quick changes. You have me really looking forward to see and feel the changes. Best to you on your journey.