Now, with power chains -

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

WonkyToothBGone

Now, with power chains -

#1 Post by WonkyToothBGone »

So today I had my 2nd adjustment appointment (first adjustment for both arches at the same time). Last time they added the lower arch, changed the wire on my top arch to a heavier gauge, and added some bite blocks. This time, they changed the bands on the top but kept the same wire, but added a new wire and power chains + metal ligature wires. Its official. I feel like I have a prison fence in my mouth. (a step up from feeling like a fish on a hook maybe?).

I made the rather huge mistake of not taking pain meds before I went to my appointment this morning. Whereas you don't feel the tenderness from the movement of your teeth too much in your normal day-to-day, I 100% guarantee you DO feel it when they start removing elastics and putting on some power chains and ligatures. They told me in all of their handouts pretty clearly to take meds before appointments, so it is all my own fault. But I can guarantee I will not forget again. ouch.

Eating is now challenge level 2. The new x shaped ligatures wires in the back seem to want to catch everything! I'll have to up my brushing game now, for sure. I'm still using the Colgate Peroxyl to help my mouth be a little less sore.

I know I won't really feel the full effect of this latest addition until tomorrow or the next day, but I am pretty sure I am going to be tested. The pressure on one side of my lower jaw is already making my eyes water a bit. Time for the ibuprofen I think.

I'm hoping that sometime soon I will be able to start posting some timeline pics. But until then - as much as I am complaining here about the inconveniences, I am still happy with taking the decision to start this journey. I can clearly see some progress with the tooth movement, so it feels like it is worth it. I hope you guys all feel the same about your own braces journey.

WonkyToothBGone

Re: Now, with power chains -

#2 Post by WonkyToothBGone »

Edit:
but added a new wire and power chains + metal ligature wires TO THE LOWER ARCH.

desertd

Re: Now, with power chains -

#3 Post by desertd »

Keep up the good work! You'll be able to post pics after somewhere between five and twelve posts (I was able to after seven). Hopefully the pain will ease soon for you, if it hasn't already.
Metal Damon braces on 3/27/2019 - Sentence 24-30 months - Class II overbite, crossbite. Braces removed 2/10/2022 (34.5 months), positioner since 3/2/2022. My story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54263