My Braces Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Navygrrl

My Braces Journey

#1 Post by Navygrrl »

So I started this over on viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54157 - the introduction forum, but I thought I'd start posting over here since this forum seems more appropriate.

Things have been going pretty well the first six months. I thought I was breezing through this whole braces thing, but at yesterday's appointment, the orthodontist put on closing coils (only on uppers) and powerchains (top and bottom) to start closing my extraction spaces, as well as the random spaces between a few top teeth that showed up. Since I have self-ligating braces, I was disappointed when I wouldn't be choosing fun color bands. With the powerchains, I was excited to finally get to choose a fun color. (I chose navy blue.) I also had my archwires changed to stainless steel (18 on top, 16 on bottom I think).

Now, the other times I've had my archwires changed, I've had some soreness and discomfort the first night, but that would quickly go away. I didn't even really have much of an issue with rubbing or poking wires or anything. I even told the orthodontist that I almost didn't think my braces were doing anything because I was having so little discomfort. I don't know if he took that as a challenge, but dang if I'm not on the verge of whimpering today. Wow.

Anyway, eventually I will have to take some more progress pics, when I'm not suffering :lol: