new tongue crib

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Linda1

Re: new tongue crib

#16 Post by Linda1 »

How long did you have to wear your crib? Did you speech improve? I just got a new one on Friday and it's even worse. My orthodontist said I was compensating with the crib by having a lateral thrust so I got a new crib that keeps my tongue from the front teeth and the side front teeth too. I go to speech therapy so I'm hoping that helps. Is the tongue crib necessary?

jem

#17 Post by jem »

Can you post some pictures?
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Linda1

#18 Post by Linda1 »

As an update, I struggled so much with the new tongue crib, that my orthodontist consulted with my speech therapist and I got the old tongue crib back. It does hang low and speaking is difficult, but it is better than with the other one. I am now wearing my headgear 14-16 hours a day, and am actually getting used to it. I'm doing better with my elastics too and have been working to practice breathing through my nose rather than my mouth. This week, my orthodontist activated my herbst, moving my jaw further forward. My teeth don't fully touch now and it again feels like my jaw is jutting too far forward. But I am happy with the results of my profile, that I have a distinct jawline. I met with the surgeon last week and we have set a date for the chin implant surgery in early November. He wanted me to still be in the herbst and braces so that my orthodontist could adjust my bite if needed, but wanted the work of the herbst to be mostly complete.