My braces journey at 36.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mommag3bous

My braces journey at 36.

#1 Post by Mommag3bous »

Here I am at 36, a mom of 3, getting braces for the first time. I always needed them as I have lots of crowding but my parents just didn’t take us to the dentist and then I was too nervous. I finally said it’s time.

Day one, the process took a while. My dentist didn’t use the mouth opening machine because it, “Gets in her way” so she held my mouth open. The process didn’t hurt just took 3.5 hours. It felt much better to me when the put the bands on the brackets because it smoothed them out. I received ceramic clear top and bottom.

I’m a little nervous because I’m not in pain (24 hours later). I can eat although chewing adds some pressure and I can’t close my mouth due to my bite blockers. Every once in a while I’ll get a sharp pressure that last for a second or so then goes away but that’s it. I have a high pain tolerance so maybe that’s it? I haven’t had issues with mouth soars yet and honestly their not really bothering me but I’m sure after a few days I’ll be raw and need some wax.

My biggest issue is my bite blockers and flossing. Your told it’s complicated but man it’s complicated. 😉 I notice my bottom front are a little soar after flossing but those are the ones that I feel a little pressure on all the time (but doesn’t hurt at all).

The fact that it’s going good has me worried it’s eithet not working or I’m gonna get nailed tomorrow. I go back in two weeks to do shaving. I’ll be going in-weekly for a little while to accelerate the process because my teeth have no where to go.

desertd

Re: My braces journey at 36.

#2 Post by desertd »

I'm 2 days in & having a very similar experience. I have also had very little pain to speak of. Pressure yes especially when eating but pain, no. How are your teeth doing now?
Metal Damon braces on 3/27/2019 - Sentence 24-30 months - Class II overbite, crossbite. Braces removed 2/10/2022 (34.5 months), positioner since 3/2/2022. My story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54263