My second time with braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Malinan

My second time with braces

#1 Post by Malinan »

Hi everybody,
I´m 33 years old, and today i have got ceramic braces in my upper jaw.

This is my second round that I have braces. I had it when i was a teenager but it has going back more to it´s original state.

I´m going to share my story with you all here.

Going to write a longer post later.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

assertives

Re: My second time with braces

#2 Post by assertives »

Welcome and congrats on starting! All the best for your journey! :tingrin:

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

WELCOME TO THE CLUB. I ALSO AM IN MY SECOND ROUND OF BRACES AND HAVE BEEN FOR 3 MONTHS NOW.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Bracedat46

#4 Post by Bracedat46 »

Welcome! I am a newbie here too.. am after getting braces 5 days ago. I wish someone could help me with a query i have about inner ear pain. How do i post a new topic?

Gia

#5 Post by Gia »

Welcome! I'm 3 weeks in.
To post go to board index and you will see something there to post something new.

Gia

#6 Post by Gia »

Oops! Then choose metal mouth forum and you'll see new topic :lol:

Malinan

#7 Post by Malinan »

Hi,

Thank's everybody for the nice words :-1 :rose:

Now I have reached 6 weeks and 5 days and my second tightening is in four days from now.

The first month (4 weeks) did I only have braces in my upper arch, and I'm glad that I just had it because I felt some panic and short of breath in the first 2-3 week. It was so uncomfortable to have this big ungainly thing in my mouth,which also were so sore everywhere.

But the time flew by and in week four I got my upper arch tightened and the powerchain that is sitting in my two front theet got changed aswell. Then they putted braces on the lower arch, which also is ceramic but not with a white wire, just a metal one. The soreness did come back again and had too get used too have braces in the lower arch, but it did go so much easier this time.
I had problems with a elastic on one tooth in the bottom, that had popped of two times now, but i have got a smaller and stronger elastic around that tooth and it haven't popped yet!

I have seen some amazing results. My upper arch have became so much rounder and my gap between my front teeths is only 1/3 of what it was from the beginning. :BigTeethGrin:
I don't have permissions too show pictures yet but is going to do that as soon as possible.

Malinan

#8 Post by Malinan »

Here comes some pictures on the process to close my gap in the front teeth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Richard1

#9 Post by Richard1 »

I know this feeling. I’m 27 and I’m back to braces again. The first month I felt very uncomfortable. Now it seems I got used to it. Additionally I also use some supplies from https://mental-dental.com/3m-protemp-pl ... ll-a1.html. It’s too early to talk about the results but I hope for the best. I can’t wait for the hollywood smile.

Malinan

#10 Post by Malinan »

The time fly away and now I'm in my 5 month of treatment.

Since I last wrote I have both of my upper wisdom tooth extracted to make room to treat my overjet, that was 10 mm in the begining.
The treatment for the overjet has not startet but it has reduced to 7 mm now.

I had 3 adjustments since I wrote the last time.

First I had a powerchain in my upper until last appointment when they took it off, that was last thursday (6 days ago).

I've got stronger and stronger wire for every adjustment and now I'm on a rectangular heat activated NiTi 19x25 in my upper and a rectangular NiTi 18x22 in my lower.
My orthodintist said that this stronger upper-wire should treat my crossbite that I have on my left side and make my upper arch wider.

Next appointment is in a month and then they are going to begin the treatment of my overjet with help of rubber bands.

Here comes some new pictures of the treatment. As you can see I´ve got a lot more support for my lips when I smile. :D :tingrin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.