Traditional Metal Braces at 38

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cakers

Traditional Metal Braces at 38

#1 Post by cakers »

I have an open bite (my primary complaint), crossbite (my dentist’s primary complaint with my teeth), and gaps. I wish I had braces as a teen. I always assumed I couldn’t afford braces, but a highly-recommended ortho near me has great payment plans and a positive attitude, so I took the plunge. It has been 15 days now. I was rather sore my first 10 days and have a few teeth here and there that are now taking turns being sore. I see a little progress. He put a clear powerchain on my top two front teeth and that gap closed up immediately. They estimate I will be in braces for 22-24 months. I will be 40 by then!

Stevie

Re: Traditional Metal Braces at 38

#2 Post by Stevie »

I'm in a very similar boat, I had SARPE surgery a couple of weeks ago and I get my braces put in on a few weeks, I'm 39 and should be 41 when it's finished but better late than never right, we still have plenty of living to left to do, might as well do it with a nice smile I say