Tooth trauma and braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Elainef28

Tooth trauma and braces

#1 Post by Elainef28 »

I am currently in Damon braces and have reached the six month mark :-**
I started off with a 12.5m overjet, 10 weeks ago that was down to an 8
I have seen amazing results however I am still a long way off.
My orthodontist explains me as a complex case and I don’t know if I should feel grateful or worried
As a child I was a thumb sucker until the age of 1-9
I have done some serious damage, not only have I made my teeth buck, the roof of my mouth never really grew it just moulded to the shape of my thumb.
When I was at my last orthodontist appt not only have I got braces on my outer teeth she has now put little metal pins is only how I can explain them and I now have to wear elastics to try and make my arch and teeth more fuller
One thing that has concerned me hugely is as a child I suffered tooth trauma of one of my front baby teeth eventually it went black and I lost it
My adult one grew in but has always been a yellow brown colour,
My orthodontist never explained the risk of tooth loss moving a trauma tooth with orthodontics, although she says she hasn’t seen anything concerning I am worried now that any movement from this tooth which was taking a bit of time to move will cause issues
I have an appointment on Friday with my own dentist for a bit of reassurance