Expanders!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

maryon

Expanders!

#1 Post by maryon »

Hello all... Glad that I stumbled onto this page. It has helped a lot reading the stories here. I am 37 years old and have braces and a pallet expander. I'm starting to panic because one tooth is becoming slightly longer than the others and where I used to have only two molars that touched on both sides of my mouth, only the left (newly long) molar is touching. That same unruly molar is also beginning to turn, I can see the bottom of my tooth when I smile instead of having to throw my head back to see it. I'm making an appointment because I just don't think that this should be happening and if it is my dentist didn't mention this to me!!! Please let me know if this has happen to anyone else and that I am just over reacting. Also I would hear a click in my jaw every now and again.... NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW I hear this mess every time I open my mouth.... It seems my jacked up mouth was better before I started treatment!! Going into my third month...

CaliCo

Re: Expanders!

#2 Post by CaliCo »

Definitely talk with your orthodontist but after 6 months braces and palate expander my mouth is definitely jacked up. My ortho basically told me everything should feel awkward as things move. Its a mess. But seeing the bottom of your tooth is worrisome.

maryon

Re: Expanders!

#3 Post by maryon »

Thank you... good to know that my mouth will be going through all kinds of jacked up changes.... now my jaw on the right side feels aggravated... I have an appointment soon...and I can't wait!