51 - Braces first time.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mrcf

Re: 51 - Braces first time.

#31 Post by Mrcf »

kplatt2010 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:14 pm Congrats- you're getting closer to the finish line.
Karla
Thanks Karla, but still can’t see the end...
But pain has started. I have normally a high pain tolerance. But obviously a lot is going on in my mouth since yesterday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018.04.25. Extraction of lower incisor
2018.05.07. Lower ceramic braces

Mrcf

#32 Post by Mrcf »

That’s what it looks now!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Navygrrl

#33 Post by Navygrrl »

Sorry you're having pain, but the pictures show a lot of process.

Mrcf

#34 Post by Mrcf »

Navygrrl wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:44 pm Sorry you're having pain, but the pictures show a lot of process.
Yes, of course younger right. And of course it needs more time. Lowers don’t look that bad. Uppers must move over the lowers. That need some work and build ionic my incisors. And lower teeth need to form round more and tip back a bit. According to my ortho. We will see.
And I am shure that pain will disappear soon...and will return again....

Mrcf

#35 Post by Mrcf »

I've been in treatment for 11 months now. And the last ones were very eventful for me. Less that a lot has happened to my teeth. I tried to find something about my case. And not much found. So that suddenly the lower jaw slides forward and a class 3 develops. But suddenly my jaw joint problem was gone. And the lower jaw for me in neutral position. However how ma one corrects this now without there my profile changes.

My orthodontist only wants to bring the teeth of the upper jaw over the lower teeth. Because the dental arch then becomes larger, the teeth have to be cosmetically enlarged afterwards. And of course the upper teeth are also slightly tilted forward.

Through my physiotherapist I got to know an orthodontist who specializes in jaw joints and braces and a holistic approach. I was measuring and scanning her and at the end of May she will tell me her plan.

Yesterday I was at a normal appointment with my previous doctor.

45 minutes in the chair. New bow above. Blockages. Metal bands instead of glued brackets on 2 molars. (ceramic crown) .... and today nasty pain ....

Did any of you have something like that? That the lower jaw slips forward during the treatment. My doctor didn't expect it and didn't plan the treatment.

Jethro

#36 Post by Jethro »

I was treated for an anterior crossbite and tmj issues during my previous treatment, but these were pre-existing conditions. I did not experience the shifting of my lower jaw like you are experiencing. I think you are wise to seek another opinion.

In looking at your recent pic, I noticed that the angulation of your lower left canine is significant. I know you had an extraction next to it, but it seems a bit unusual (to a complete layperson)? I hope your pain has subsided and you're able to resolve things quickly!

All the Best,

Jethro

kplatt2010

#37 Post by kplatt2010 »

I think with his lower teeth the same thing that happened to me is happening to him. He got a couple of extractions and now the canines are tilting a little

I learned after the fact in my case that a possible complication with extractions is for the teeth to tilt inward. In my experience, we could not get the low back molars (which were tilted inward) to shift back out. My ortho did everything and we extended my treatment by a year and still very minor shifting.

Is the class III Jay Leno like or is it only noticeable to you and the ortho? Looking at your pics I don't notice it but the pic does not include your profile. I personally think you've come a long way but you have to be happy with your results and most importantly the ability to eat and not have jaw pain.
Karla

Mrcf

#38 Post by Mrcf »

Karla andJethro than you for your reply! and As already posted I had problems with my jaw joint, tinnitus and strong tension in the neck area. CMD in other words. I then got brackets in the lower jaw and extracted a lower incisor. When the crowding disintegrated and the canines were slowly lined up, my lower jaw suddenly slipped forward. So the lower incisors suddenly stood surface to surface with the upper incisors. For the temporomandibular joint this was a relaxation and the normal position. No more cracking. But just a few millimetres further forward. Now the upper teeth should be brought over again. But the lower jaw should not be pushed back. Well. Somehow it will work. Currently I can bite badly and the molars have little contact with each other...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Mrcf

#39 Post by Mrcf »

Changed my orthodontist after 13 months. Before I could start with my new one I had to finish the treatment with my previous doctor. Brackets down and 3 weeks ago I have new brackets up and since today down.
So everything starts all over again. Treatment time instead of 18 months there will be at least 26. But I think that my new orthodontist has planned the problem jaw joint and bite well. With my previous one I had the feeling that after my bite had shifted it was always only backwards and nothing more was planned. At least that was my impression and therefore I changed in the end.

Mrcf

#40 Post by Mrcf »

See pictures before braces and now.
Al lot has changed and still a lot work is to be done. The best thing is that my CMD disappeared and the is no clicking anymore hurtig my jaw. Changed my Otho in June this year so I am in thin wires again and she said it will be take another 18 month....

Mrcf

#41 Post by Mrcf »

Long time since I last posted. I've been in treatment for 22 months now.
A bit frustrated, I'm afraid. Not much is happening. Enclosed is a photo.
Last row: left November 2018 / right January 2020. There is hardly any difference for me 🙈.
It will be a long journey...

Mrcf

#42 Post by Mrcf »

Hi all. I am not so often here any more. Things are slowed down. And my treatment is more or less out of control.
For the last 5 weeks I had no archwire in my lower arch. That was because my lower arch shifted more and more forward. Creating a underbite. Now a very thin 0.14 wire again. Blocked ligatuewire
3-3 and 24/7 medium class 3 elastics 🙈
My new ortho explained me that she will figure something out to fix my bite. Try and error. To prefect me from surgery.
So. Nearly 54 and nice bands in my mouth. Hm

Mrcf

#43 Post by Mrcf »

Went to my new Ortho today because my bracket was broken. She stopped me wearing my elastics. I only wore them 4 days.
Took out my lower archwire. And said that she had no idea what to do. Even she is experienced since years. My former, former Otho didnt start right.
She only would recommend surgery. Or let my teeth this way.
Black Friday for me. Having my braces since 24 month. And have a crocked teeth and a bad jaw now.

bracefreak

#44 Post by bracefreak »

I am also from Austria and will become 50 in June.
In two weeks I will have a regular checkup at the dentist. After that I have on plan to consult an orthodontist.
I have some gaps, that I want to get closed and even, due to grinding my teeth while sleeping, sometimes pain in my TMJ.
How is your treatment now going on, already an new developments, or any new decisions?
Where in Austria are you from and do you still think of cunsulting still another orthodontist?

Regards

EricRoyalOak

#45 Post by EricRoyalOak »

I see that your orthodontics decided to put bands around your molars. They look different from other bands -they seem to overlap the top of your teeth instead of just the sides. Are these bands or crowns? Also you no longer have your rear gold crown. Was this removed for orthodontic reasons or other reasons.