51 - Braces first time.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EmilyTravels

Re: 51 - Braces first time.

#16 Post by EmilyTravels »

Mrcf wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:46 am I lost my molar bracket. It is clued on a ceramic crown and my ortho said that it is difficult to glue it.
It is the one with the tube for the wire. It is my third bracket that came of in 6 weeks and I only have 11 on my teeth... Had anyone the same?
Yes. I have lost all four of my brackets glued to crowned molars over a period of time. One I lost once, he glued it back, and then I lost it again six months later. It is hard to get them to adhere to crowns, so sometimes orthodontists will use molar bands on those teeth. So, your ortho may change you over to full bands on any crowned teeth, or just keep gluing them back on, like mine has.

Mrcf

#17 Post by Mrcf »

EmilyTravels wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:13 pm
Mrcf wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:46 am I lost my molar bracket. It is clued on a ceramic crown and my ortho said that it is difficult to glue it.
It is the one with the tube for the wire. It is my third bracket that came of in 6 weeks and I only have 11 on my teeth... Had anyone the same?
Yes. I have lost all four of my brackets glued to crowned molars over a period of time. One I lost once, he glued it back, and then I lost it again six months later. It is hard to get them to adhere to crowns, so sometimes
orthodontists will use molar bands on those teeth. So, your ortho may change you over to full bands on any crowned teeth, or just keep gluing them back on, like mine has.
I have my next appointment in 3 weeks. The wire is pressing it selve exactly on the molar so it is not poking or disturbing me. Will see what my ortho will do. Molarbamd or replace the bracket.
Thank you telling me I am not alone with loosing brackets.
2018.04.25. Extraction of lower incisor
2018.05.07. Lower ceramic braces

EmilyTravels

#18 Post by EmilyTravels »

Mrcf wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:53 pm I have my next appointment in 3 weeks. The wire is pressing it selve exactly on the molar so it is not poking or disturbing me. Will see what my ortho will do. Molarbamd or replace the bracket.
If you haven't, I would call and see if your ortho would like you to come in sooner to get the bracket re-done. In all my cases, I had an appointment coming up no longer than a week away. It may not make any difference on a molar, but just in case, I would call and ask.

Good luck!

Mrcf

#19 Post by Mrcf »

EmilyTravels wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:55 am
Mrcf wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:53 pm I have my next appointment in 3 weeks. The wire is pressing it selve exactly on the molar so it is not poking or disturbing me. Will see what my ortho will do. Molarbamd or replace the bracket.
If you haven't, I would call and see if your ortho would like you to come in sooner to get the bracket re-done. In all my cases, I had an appointment coming up no longer than a week away. It may not make any difference on a molar, but just in case, I would call and ask.

Good luck!
I called the office and they told me that it will be ok to fix it at the next appointment. That saved time for me!
Thanks for the advise.

EmilyTravels

#20 Post by EmilyTravels »

Great! Hopefully no more will fall off. It's annoying!

Mrcf

#21 Post by Mrcf »

Had my second adjustment yesterday. After I lost my molar bracket (bonded on a porcelain crown) and one steel ligature tie it was also time to get there.
Business as usual. Wire replaced. New bracket bonded. Still my 3 left lower incisors are blocked with the steel tie. Then I got 2 power chains. One from my left canine to the blocked incisors an one from my rotated and inward kipped premolar to my right molar. New wire same size 0,16. And of course new ligature ties on all teeth.
Right now I can fell the most of my lower teeth with different pain and pressure. And I needed to use wax the first time after weeks on my front tooth. The inside of my lip is scratched. Don't know why. Because there is nothing new...
Maybe irritated from the whole procedure and the wire change. Or?....
Next appointment is after the holydays of my ortho end of august. May be my extraction whole will be closed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mrcf

#22 Post by Mrcf »

Today I had my 3rd appointment. My Ortho was closed for holydays and so it was after 7 weeks. Lost my molar bracket that is clued on a ceramic crown. This time the other side. My ortho replaced it with a "new special" glue she is now testing. We both will see. Then she repositioned the bracket an my left lower canine. Put out the wire that was blocking my 3 lower incisors. New wire, no elastic chains, wire ties on all my brackets...
Took 25 minutes. She is satisfied so far with the results. My extraction gap is fully closed. Next appointment in 4 weeks... no pain or pressure again. I have never had that "real pain" feeling. Hmm. Not that I need the pain, but after a adjustment I would expect some discomfort to let me feel teeth are moving...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mrcf

#23 Post by Mrcf »

4 weeks since last appointment and two day to go for the next. My gap opens again after the repo of my bracket on the left cainine and there is no powercain which would hold it together. The whole bite seems to widen a pit. Will ask my ortho what is the plan....

Mrcf

#24 Post by Mrcf »

After 5 month of treatment my latest appointment was a bit of surprise: Stronger archwire, Blockes lower incisors and 2 buttons on the inside of my lower incisors. 2 powercains from these buttons to each cainine bracket to let those teeth rotate. I don’t know if they already start rotating but have got my first real pain. As it was proposed from my Ortho.
And of course metal ligature ties on all teeth.
Metal buttons in the middle of my mouth are for me more or less spikes and cause me a bit of lisp and soreness on my tounge. But for shure I will get used to...

Mrcf

#25 Post by Mrcf »

Had an appointment today. Replaced the power chains from the cainines to the lingual buttons. Extra power chain front side from cainine to cainine. Extra ligature tie at right pre molar. Same archwire.
Have a lot of pressure in my mouth and my ortho hopes that this motivates the cainines to turn..
Next visit in 4 weeks.

Mrcf

#26 Post by Mrcf »

[attachment=0]8CFCC3A8-3317-4075-AA93-98CAF6CAEE55.jpeg[/attachment]

Mrcf

#27 Post by Mrcf »

06BD7FBF-9047-42D8-9B5D-6605938F9371.jpeg

Mrcf

#28 Post by Mrcf »

Today’s appointment: lower incisors turned out to much. Now I bite on my front teeth. Molars aren’t touching. But my TMJ has gone. So my Ortho will make a plan to have my lowers in the position and bring my upper front teeth over the lowers. But this means that she has to fill gaps that will open making my front teeth bigger and also my profile will change a bit... had anybody something similar? I trust her but I did not expect that my teeth moved to much and that was not my Orthos plan.
Pictures from today.

Mrcf

#29 Post by Mrcf »

Today was the day. I am fully braced. Top ones also ceramic. But not really to hide. No pain yet. But I am sure it will come on one teeth or the others.

kplatt2010

#30 Post by kplatt2010 »

Congrats- you're getting closer to the finish line.
Karla