Aligned teeth but odd canine tooth...?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lovelyanything621

Aligned teeth but odd canine tooth...?

#1 Post by lovelyanything621 »

I met my orthodontist about 3 weeks ago and he told me that I'm coming real close to getting my braces off and that it's now a matter of monthly appointments. I know that a lot of orthodontist say this and the process seems to drag even longer but I'm not totally sure if I'm actually close or just "close."
All my upper and lower teeth have aligned, so the only problem I feel like I have is with my upper left canine tooth which once sat higher up in my gums. It's come down SIGNIFICANTLY but not in the way I hoped it would...

At some angles my left canine tooth just looks bulkier than my other canine. I don't know what my orthodontist will decide to do because everyone that sees my teeth say it's straight so maybe I'm being over critical? I know that the tooth is a bit sharper than my upper right canine so I know my ortho. will probably shave my teeth for the cosmetics but I wonder if he can shave some of the largeness of my tooth??? Or will he try to rotate my tooth a little more so it's pointing straight down. Oh, I forgot to mention that this canine tooth, although touching my other teeth, is aligned it's not exactly pointing in a straight direction...

Oh my god, I'm spiraling down a hole. I just feel desperate to get them off.

Shelleyt

Re: Aligned teeth but odd canine tooth...?

#2 Post by Shelleyt »

Wow super timely- I have this exact problem and am supposedly in my last few months of braces. My issue is further complicated by the fact that I previously had bonding on my “high” canine tooth, which I think has adversely affected my treatment. Now the rest of my teeth look perfect but this one canine just doesn’t look right. My ortho put a bend in the wire to help it come down a bit more so we can reassess and I’m going back sooner than usual to check up on it, but it doesn’t look like it’s done much so far.

I would make sure you directly tell your ortho what you don’t like about the tooth. Mind seemed to think it was fine, so I had to make it very clear that I would not be happy ending a very expensive treatment with such a prominent tooth out of place. Good luck!

lovelyanything621

#3 Post by lovelyanything621 »

Wow! My ortho also put a bend in my wire as well! I did see little movement with this, but I will definitely let my ortho know about this tooth because I've thought about how great it'd be to get my braces off asap but I'd rather have it on a bit longer for the best results... :)

lovelyanything621

#4 Post by lovelyanything621 »

[quote=Shelleyt post_id=501203 time=1522250894 user_id=27830]
Wow super timely- I have this exact problem and am supposedly in my last few months of braces. My issue is further complicated by the fact that I previously had bonding on my “high” canine tooth, which I think has adversely affected my treatment. Now the rest of my teeth look perfect but this one canine just doesn’t look right. My ortho put a bend in the wire to help it come down a bit more so we can reassess and I’m going back sooner than usual to check up on it, but it doesn’t look like it’s done much so far.

I would make sure you directly tell your ortho what you don’t like about the tooth. Mind seemed to think it was fine, so I had to make it very clear that I would not be happy ending a very expensive treatment with such a prominent tooth out of place. Good luck!
[/quote]

Has your ortho given you a specific time for you to get your braces off yet?

Shelleyt

#5 Post by Shelleyt »

No not yet but made it clear that we just need midline to move another 1mm and then in her mind we were done. A month and a half later and still not good on the canine- I am doing a second opinion consult with a different ortho before my next appt. how’s yours progressing??