Braces at 35

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Klynn36

Braces at 35

#1 Post by Klynn36 »

My name is Kristina, I'm 35. I've needed/wanted braces since I was 13, but I am just now starting this terrifying journey. I have large gaps I my top teeth thanks to congenital missing upper incisors and moderate crowding on the bottom. I'm also missing my 1st and second premolars on the right side thanks to an accident many years ago. I can't remember the last time I smiled and showed my teeth because I've always been embarrassed by them.

However, thanks to an extremely supportive husband and a very pushy daughter that just got her braces off I finally went in for an ortho consult on Feb. 28. I had all of my x-rays taken and waited for the doc to come in and tell me how terrible everything was. He didn't necessarily do that, but I was nervous when I left because he said he needed to talk to my general dentist and make a plan for what needed to be done because of all the missing teeth. Thankfully my dentist and the ortho work out of the same office. He told me it would be a week before he would get back to me so he had time to make a plan. I left his office thinking he was going to call and say he couldn't help me.

Well, his office called the next day and asked if I could come in To talk to him. At this point I was excited and anxious because the call came so fast. I went in during my lunch and sat with him for all of 30 minutes, he was able to talk to my dentist before they closed and wanted to get me in as soon as possible to start treatment. So March 1st I got spacers put in on the top left and an impression of my top arch so I can have a nance to hold my molar in place on the right side. He said it would be about 10-14 days before the nance comes in. When the nance is placed they will do full mouth braces at the same time.

I didn't have any pain with the spacers, but they both came out on March 3rd. I have to go in Monday to get them replaced.
Did anyone else need to take a day off work because their mouth was too sore the day after braces? I manage a large group of people and spend a lot of time talking and training on a daily basis. Just curious if I should plan the day after off.

Klynn36

Re: Braces at 35

#2 Post by Klynn36 »

Got my separators replaced today. They hurt a lot more than the last time. While I was there the ortho said my nance should be in Thursday! But not getting my hopes up.