Wishing for Braces-Wishes Really Do Come True!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lajp

Wishing for Braces-Wishes Really Do Come True!

#1 Post by lajp »

So... I have seriously wished for braces since I was in middle school and even earlier. Probably 4th grade at the earliest; I could be remembering incorrectly. But nonetheless, I have wished for braces on coins/quarters in fountains, birthday cake wishes, dandelions, and probably more.

It’s semi-embarrassing or like shameful because it seems weird and stupid to want them but I feel like it is a rite-of-passafe for a lot of children/teens/adolescents.

I am happy that I am getting them now though; because, a lot of advances have been made and like I won’t need spacers or those metal bands around back teeth, there is indirect bonding (I know it has been around but it was less known/used), the molds material was flavored (grape or some type of fruit), clear, self ligating brackets, etc.

Is it weird to be like excited as an adult for this? And that I’ve wished for them for what feels like forever (when your wishing starting at 12 years old). I am 20 years old btw. I’m so friggin excited and like has anyone else been wanting them this badly? I’m sooooo exciteee! 3wks until I get my braces!!! One day less than 3 weeks actually! :tingrin:

JiggyTzu

Re: Wishing for Braces-Wishes Really Do Come True!

#2 Post by JiggyTzu »

I’m 48 and have wanted braces since before you were alive. :lol: :lol:
I just finally got mine on March 20.
Congrats! And do a lot of research on this site and youtube. There is a lot of info out there so you know what to expect.
Take care....

lajp

#3 Post by lajp »

Thanks! You too!

tillybrace

#4 Post by tillybrace »

lajp wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:54 pm So... I have seriously wished for braces since I was in middle school and even earlier. Probably 4th grade at the earliest; I could be remembering incorrectly. But nonetheless, I have wished for braces on coins/quarters in fountains, birthday cake wishes, dandelions, and probably more.

It’s semi-embarrassing or like shameful because it seems weird and stupid to want them but I feel like it is a rite-of-passafe for a lot of children/teens/adolescents.

I am happy that I am getting them now though; because, a lot of advances have been made and like I won’t need spacers or those metal bands around back teeth, there is indirect bonding (I know it has been around but it was less known/used), the molds material was flavored (grape or some type of fruit), clear, self ligating brackets, etc.

Is it weird to be like excited as an adult for this? And that I’ve wished for them for what feels like forever (when your wishing starting at 12 years old). I am 20 years old btw. I’m so friggin excited and like has anyone else been wanting them this badly? I’m sooooo exciteee! 3wks until I get my braces!!! One day less than 3 weeks actually! :tingrin:
you sound like me two years ago
trust me this is the best thing you could of done for your self.
for extra motivation here are my before and after.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lajp

#5 Post by lajp »

Awww unfortunately I am unable to view those images. I am not authorized to. How do I get more privileges here??! I want to see more links, and have tickers etc.

UPDATE: I got to pick ligatures/o-ring colors this time! The EFOA put silver/grey ligatures the day I got my braces but this time the assistant let me pick a color! I picked this hot/neon pink. Colors are where it's all at lolol. Childhood dreams lol. I have self-ligating braces, clear/ceramic, and metal. But on the 1st molars and pre-molars on both sides, both arches, have ligature ties. It's nice because I do get some of the "traditional treatment" aspects. Luckily, NO SPACERS! I liked that part. There are no bands the tube portion that is on the molar bands is like its own bracket style.

ARCHWIRE CHANGE: For the arch wire adjustment, they just ADDED another wire rather than changing them? Is it weird to get two wires in each arch? I also have metal/wire tie ligatures on the bottom front teeth (just 2 of them) because since the bottom front teeth brackets are quite small, having two wires shoved in there make them more prone to popping out (according to the assistant, and that was not verbatim).

Last question, is it true that acetaminophen is better to take than ibuprofen because ibuprofen slows down the maximum potential of the greatest tooth movement?

lajp

#6 Post by lajp »

[quote=lajp post_id=501876 time=1525304956 user_id=31409]
Awww unfortunately I am unable to view those images. I am not authorized to. How do I get more privileges here??! I want to see more links, and have tickers etc.

UPDATE: I got to pick ligatures/o-ring colors this time! The EFDA put silver/grey ligatures the day I got my braces but this time the assistant let me pick a color! I picked this hot/neon pink. Colors are where it's all at lolol. Childhood dreams lol. I have self-ligating braces, clear/ceramic, and metal. But on the 1st molars and pre-molars on both sides, both arches, have ligature ties. It's nice because I do get some of the "traditional treatment" aspects. Luckily, NO SPACERS! I liked that part. There are no bands the tube portion that is on the molar bands is like its own bracket style.

ARCHWIRE CHANGE: For the arch wire adjustment, they just ADDED another wire rather than changing them? Is it weird to get two wires in each arch? I also have metal/wire tie ligatures on the bottom front teeth (just 2 of them) because since the bottom front teeth brackets are quite small, having two wires shoved in there make them more prone to popping out (according to the assistant, and that was not verbatim).

Last question, is it true that acetaminophen is better to take than ibuprofen because ibuprofen slows down the maximum potential of the greatest tooth movement?
[/quote]

lajp

#7 Post by lajp »

[quote=lajp post_id=501876 time=1525304956 user_id=31409]

UPDATE: I got to pick ligatures/o-ring colors this time! The EFDA put silver/grey ligatures the day I got my braces but this time the assistant let me pick a color! I picked this hot/neon pink. Colors are where it's all at lolol. Childhood dreams lol. I have self-ligating braces, clear/ceramic, and metal. But on the 1st molars and pre-molars on both sides, both arches, have ligature ties. It's nice because I do get some of the "traditional treatment" aspects. Luckily, NO SPACERS! I liked that part. There are no bands the tube portion that is on the molar bands is like its own bracket style.

[/quote]

Mrcf

#8 Post by Mrcf »

I got my lower brackets put on yesterday. More or less like you I wanted braces since I was a child. It was a long journey from my first Orth appointment to now. 9 years. I got clear on bottom and in my office nobody noticed them. A bit a lisp but nothing I could not handle. Are you still positive about your decision getting braced?
2018.04.25. Extraction of lower incisor
2018.05.07. Lower ceramic braces

lajp

#9 Post by lajp »

Oh that's awesome that you got clear/ceramics for lowers too. Did you get lingual? Just curious because you mentioned a lisp.

Yes, I am still feeling positive about my decision to get braces at age 20/21 (less than 5 days until 21). I could have not kept up with the maintenance at a younger age; I have no idea how younger kids do it but way to go for them. Haha. My parents thought it was all about straight teeth but it's so much more I've learned. The jaw relationship, tongue position (I have a tongue thrust habit and got therapy for that, just finished the program yesterday!), the correlation with headaches and suche, etc. so there are more benefits than my parents and I knew of. I think it's a worthy investment.

I did a lot of youtube searching and google to prepare for braces and like got different supplies/tools to help manage braces discomfort, maintenance/hygiene, etc. I have a youtube channel where I post some of my braces journey. (Lily A.P)

Keep me posted about your experience too! (If you want).
Braced: 6 March 2018
self-ligating ceramic and metal brackets combo
Estimated Treatment Time: 22 months

Mrcf

#10 Post by Mrcf »

lajp wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:04 am Oh that's awesome that you got clear/ceramics for lowers too. Did you get lingual? Just curious because you mentioned a lisp.

Yes, I am still feeling positive about my decision to get braces at age 20/21 (less than 5 days until 21). I could have not kept up with the maintenance at a younger age; I have no idea how younger kids do it but way to go for them. Haha. My parents thought it was all about straight teeth but it's so much more I've learned. The jaw relationship, tongue position (I have a tongue thrust habit and got therapy for that, just finished the program yesterday!), the correlation with headaches and suche, etc. so there are more benefits than my parents and I knew of. I think it's a worthy investment.

I did a lot of youtube searching and google to prepare for braces and like got different supplies/tools to help manage braces discomfort, maintenance/hygiene, etc. I have a youtube channel where I post some of my braces journey. (Lily A.P)

Keep me posted about your experience too! (If you want).
Please have a look at my postings in this story forum. only got lowers this appointment. No linguals. Maybe the little lisp comes from my extraction of one of my incisors. and f course from all the new hardware. They are so little but in my mouth they feel so huge... But I will not complain at all. Because no pain the first 28 hours. No wax needed. My next appointment is in one month. No date for upper braces scheduled.
2018.04.25. Extraction of lower incisor
2018.05.07. Lower ceramic braces

lajp

#11 Post by lajp »

Okay will do. Sorry if I said stuff that I should have known from what you’ve written thus far.

I am still trying to learn how to navigate this forum. I’d like to read your story/journey. : )
Braced: 6 March 2018
self-ligating ceramic and metal brackets combo
Estimated Treatment Time: 22 months