Retainer before braces?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

robynmadison

Retainer before braces?

#1 Post by robynmadison »

Has anyone here had carriere motion appliance, then got it taken off and ortho gave them a temp retainer to wear until they got their braces on?
i get my carriere off feb 20th and was wondering if someone elses ortho has gone through the same procedure as me.. I'm slightly confused on why I'm getting a retainer until i get my ceramic braces on...

Jester321

Re: Retainer before braces?

#2 Post by Jester321 »

I have not had that, however, I'm going to guess it's to keep everything in place that the appliance has done until you get your braces on. How long is it between getting that off and getting your braces on?

robynmadison

Re: Retainer before braces?

#3 Post by robynmadison »

Jester321 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:05 pm I have not had that, however, I'm going to guess it's to keep everything in place that the appliance has done until you get your braces on. How long is it between getting that off and getting your braces on?
Two weeks, honestly it still makes no sense after i called the Ortho to ask why they did it that way. Just said "its to keep your teeth in place until we get the braces on"
AKA the more visits the more the Ortho can bill the Gov for $ :roll: