Foods/Drinks to avoid staining of clear braces?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CapeTownJess

Foods/Drinks to avoid staining of clear braces?

#1 Post by CapeTownJess »

I'm 25 and got Damon braces yesterday!

I'm looking for advice on what foods and drinks to avoid so that my clear braces don't stain?
I guess red wine is a no go..

Thanks!

EmilyTravels

Re: Foods/Drinks to avoid staining of clear braces?

#2 Post by EmilyTravels »

I have had clear brackets on my top six teeth since August and have not had any staining. I don't think you should have a problem with Damon brackets staining. It's usually the ligatures around the clear brackets that stain, and since Damons are self-ligating, they don't have elastic ligatures. I have eaten curry, drank red wine, etc, with no staining of the brackets. My teeth themselves look yellower than when I got braces, since I'm not allowed to whiten, but the brackets themselves look fine.

CapeTownJess

Re: Foods/Drinks to avoid staining of clear braces?

#3 Post by CapeTownJess »

Thank you @EmilyTravels!
Just had the most painful experience trying to chew on a small piece of shredded chicken...hoping that doesn't last :shock: