Brace - 2nd time around @ 43

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Brandi0522

Brace - 2nd time around @ 43

#1 Post by Brandi0522 »

Hello everyone!

I had braces from 5th grade to 9th grade. I was religious with my retainers but my teeth still shifted some.

I went for a consult with my orthodontist due to my migraines, clinching my teeth and grinding my teeth at night. I started my journey in September 2017 by going in every 2 weeks for ultrasound and massage treatment on my jaw. My jaw relaxed and my bite changed and I got my braces on December 6, 2017. I had to go back 2 weeks later because I had 2 brackets come loose (I was following all instructions), and then I had to go back yesterday for another loose bracket. When I went in yesterday, my orthodontist decided to put a power chain on my lower teeth to close a gap. I will go back for my regularly scheduled appointment on March 6, 2018 (12 weeks for my first adjustment).

My sentence is 20-24 months. I will post pictures when I have permissions.

Brandi0522

Re: Brace - 2nd time around @ 43

#2 Post by Brandi0522 »

I forgot to mention that from my appointment in September until getting my braces on in December, I was wearing a jaw splint. Each appointment he would grind down the changes and this helped realign my jaw/bite.

StaceyJeannette

#3 Post by StaceyJeannette »

Just wondering how your teeth are doing now? I'm close to your age and getting braces the end of the month- second time around also. Where did you go for ultrasound and massage on your jaw before braces? to a dentist or a doctor? I clench and grind also and that is interesting to me.

Mrcf

#4 Post by Mrcf »

High Brand0522,
I am 52 and the first time in braces. Got my lower brackets but on a week ago. I got problems with my jaw, pain, headaches and tinitus. So I went to my orthodontist and got a splint 2 years ago. I also went to a physiotherapist and we worked on my jaw to minimize klicking. Which helped.
I wondering if your braces help your bite against clinching and grinding. Do you still wear the splint with your braces?
2018.04.25. Extraction of lower incisor
2018.05.07. Lower ceramic braces