My Second Braces Journey @ 24

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jester321

Re: My Second Braces Journey @ 24

#31 Post by Jester321 »

I had my 7 month adjustment this morning and got a few new additions:

- New elastic configuration in a parallelogram shape to start settling my back teeth together, no more Class III's for now. In fact, I wore my old elastics so well my orthodontist said I gave myself a slight overbite :lol:

- Power thread on my lowers from canine to canine to close spacing (I had a sizebale gap in between my front two lower teeth and it’s already almost closed!)

- New wires on top and bottom, not sure of the size but they are are the stainless steel wires now instead of Ni-Ti.

- I decided to be a little adventures and got light blue ties just for heck of it (my orthodontist office does colors on the top 6 teeth if your oral hygiene is good). I actually kind of like how they look on the clear brackets.

My orthodontist is still extremely impressed with how fast my bite has improved, every time I go he tells the assistant to look where I was to where I am now as giddy as can be :lol:

I go back October 2nd. I’m hoping this fast movement keeps going and I get my braces off sooner than expected!

Also, I found out why my braces are so high on my teeth. It’s for creating an optimal smile arc when all is said and done.

Steph30

#32 Post by Steph30 »

Great Progress!

Jester321

#33 Post by Jester321 »

I haven't updated here in awhile!

Since I've last posted, my gaps on my lower teeth have all closed up and I no longer have a power thread down there. However, a few gaps appeared on my upper teeth and now I have a chain across all my teeth on the uppers. For some reason they don't attach the chain on the last bracket before the molars, I made sure to ask if it wasn't wrong because I thought it looked weird when I looked in the mirror when I got in my car. Surprisingly, unlike when I got my first powerchain the first time I had braces, it hasn't given me any extra pain! I'm still in the same elastic pattern and strength 24/7 (I've had the same strength since my second adjustment).

I still can't believe how fast my smile has improved in under a year! It's crazy looking at where I was just 10 months ago and where I am now! Here's some pics!

Also, for those on here who might have social media, I've made an Instagram account documenting my progress as well. You can give it a follow here or search the username @braces_journey2018 on Instagram!

Image Image Image

Jethro

#34 Post by Jethro »

Your teeth are looking fantstic...congrats on the rapid movement!
I noticed that 4 curved hooks have been added to your archwires and I'm curious about their purpose?

All the Best,

Jethro

jem

#35 Post by jem »

Yes those hooks look quite scary! Also, I notice your powerchain is placed on top of your archwire. I only had short chains and they were placed underneath the wire. I wonder if there is any reason for the difference.

Your teeth are looking great!

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Jester321

#36 Post by Jester321 »

I haven’t a clue what they are for as I haven’t had to use them for elastics or anything.

MrPlenty

#37 Post by MrPlenty »

Thanks for posting your progress!

Linda1

#38 Post by Linda1 »

Do you have any tips for wearing elastics? I have 5 :shock: Two on each side (two are doubled up and very tight) and then one as a box in the front. I dislike the tight ones and the one in a box. I don't wear them enough. You mentioned also having a carriere appliance -- is that similar to a herbst? I've had a herbst for a while now to help bring my lower jaw into alignment.

Jester321

#39 Post by Jester321 »

Wow it's been quite a while since I last updated on my journey here!

Since I've last updated, nothing much has changed with the exception of the gap in my uppers closing and my biting continuing to close on both sides. My ortho is super excited with how I'm progressing still and we're now in the "fine-detailing" phase which means lots of little bends in the wire here and there over the last few appointments, mainly on my lowers. Same elastic configuration since I last posted but with the Sea-Lion's now and now have an added powerchain on my bottom teeth as he wants to make sure everything stays together as we tweak my lowers.

I recently had my 18th month adjustment (which co-incidentally is when the second ortho I had a consultation with said I'd be done) and have quite a few new little bends on my lowers. The assistant putting my wired even commented, "He's got you all bent up!"; she was new and definitely had a little trouble threading the wire in :lol: and when she had someone come check after I felt bad because the lady checking said "Did you want pink on your clear braces?" like the new girl had messed up! She had even helped me decide on the color :shock: !

I'm not due back until September 10th and I'm hoping we're still on track for getting them off earlier than next summer like originally predicted!

I'll post some photos in the next couple of posts from when I last updated till now!

Jester321

#40 Post by Jester321 »

2/5/19

Jester321

#41 Post by Jester321 »

4/2/19

Jester321

#42 Post by Jester321 »

5/17/19