Orthodontist doesn’t tell me anything!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Alparja

Orthodontist doesn’t tell me anything!!

#1 Post by Alparja » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:37 am

They only showed me my treatment plan and I’m 3 months into my treatment. They never tell my anything, what does my treatment plan mean?

It says
Diagnosis:
Malocclusion: molars (6|6) TL:I RT:I cuspids (3|3) LT:I RT:I
Arch Length : U:crowded 3mm, L: crowded 3mm
Overbite: normal Overjet: normal
TX. PLAN:
Full treatment: 18-24 months
Goals:
Bite correct
Level and align

Treatment sequence:

1. Récords
2. Bondall except 4s- RX EXT 4s
3. Level and align
4. Close spaces
5. Finish and detail
6. Initial deband
7. Final deband
8. Retainer checks
I just really wanna know what’s going on! She never seems to have time to talk!

EmilyTravels

Re: Orthodontist doesn’t tell me anything!!

#2 Post by EmilyTravels » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:31 am

My ortho is the same. He spends just a few seconds with me at every appointment, it's mostly just the technician who does the work and spends time with me. He is very good and well-regarded, but just too busy. I would love more feedback and info about what he is doing each time and what his goals are, but it's hard to ask questions when your mouth is wide open!

I hope you can get some better feedback on your tx plan.

assertives

Re: Orthodontist doesn’t tell me anything!!

#3 Post by assertives » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 pm

My ortho is the same too! Except that I don't even have my official diagnosis nor treatment plan.

I was just told the cost, which and how many teeth to extract and rough estimate of my treatment time and that's it.