Finally Fixing My Crossbite - Pt. 1: Consultation

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ughcrossbite

Finally Fixing My Crossbite - Pt. 1: Consultation

#1 Post by ughcrossbite »

Hello! I made an introductory post a few months ago, and now back to start the journey to fix my teeth!

I'm in my early thirties, and had this crossbite since I was in my preteens.
Although I'm no medical expert, I think this is what caused my jaw to grow masculine.
I was born with a round face, but now it's just..ugh. (I will use ugh a lot, sorry in advance :oops: )

A few years ago, I went to an ortho recommended by my dentist (at the time), and although she was nice, I just didn't "click" with the doctor..
Mostly due to the fact that I felt they were rushing me into a treatment plan, and their facilities did not look clean :?
I did regret not getting treatment done here, but thought that I should do more research.

So then earlier this year, I felt really depressed over many things, and thought I should fix my teeth once and for all.
So I looked for the best ortho in town, and scheduled a consultation.
I won't go into major details, but I really wish I went to this second ortho sooner.
Everyone was so professional, everything was clean, and the financing was negotiated to fit my needs.
The doctor answered all my questions, and was impressed that I seemed to have done a lot of research.
It was also really great to hear that I would not need any sort of jaw surgery, because my crossbite is not skeletal :-*
Also really great to hear that my treatment plan would only take about 15 months.
I mean if it takes longer, I don't care, as long a I can get a "perfect" smile, but :jump:

I'm getting wired next month, and plan on eating all the crunchy and sticky foods I can before then :P

I will add pics on every update. Thanks for reading and hope fellow members will enjoy my ramblings! :mrgreen:

liner

Re: Finally Fixing My Crossbite - Pt. 1: Consultation

#2 Post by liner »

good for you with starting treatment.
Any reason you didn't go with invisalign?
I started my invisalign journey in April and so far so good.
If I had known it was this easy, I would have done it years ago.

ughcrossbite

#3 Post by ughcrossbite »

@liner: Hello! Thank you for the reply, and sorry for responding so late :oops:
My ortho said Invisalign was an option, but he wouldn't recommend it for my case.
I also felt that Invisalign would not fix my crossbite completely, and even though I will probably deal with a lot of pain,
it just seemed best to go with the traditional route.
Congrats on starting your journey, and hope you get a beautiful smile soon :D

liner

#4 Post by liner »

I understand.
I guess the main thing is that you are doing something as I did nothing for years except complained and hid my teeth.

ughcrossbite

#5 Post by ughcrossbite »

@liner oh no I was on the same boat :oops:
I've complained for years..
I could've fixed it in my teens, but at the time, my mom was advised by an acquaintance (who is a dentist) that he would never let anyone get braces..
Which is why I've hated that man for years :x
But now that I'm in my thirties, and my parents FINALLY see that I've been depressed over my teeth for all this time, they are helping me pay for the treatment.
And I'm in college, which has been the biggest cause of stress and depression, so I really need this.
In fifteen months, I hope to finally be a college graduate with a glowing smile :)

So don't think you're alone! We can complain together! And soon we won't complain about our teeth anymore :D

liner

#6 Post by liner »

good to know there are others like me.

Sideways

#7 Post by Sideways »

Good luck with this! I was in the same boat as you regarding self-image issues around my teeth. I think it was hard for people close to me with not-as-bad teeth to understand why I was so self-conscious about my smile, but once they realized that it truly was a problem (physically and mentally), they became a lot more supportive.