Starting my Braces treatment at 30!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

coffeelady

Starting my Braces treatment at 30!

#1 Post by coffeelady »

Hey all,

Can I just say this site is a lifesaver?! There is not much out there for adults getting braces for the first time!
So I just started my journey with braces, first time getting braces at age 30. On Monday, I got the lovely experience of having spacers put in :shock: , and they went ahead and put on some brackets. Next week I get molar bands, and the next week I have 4 premolar extractions to look forward to(I wanted to wait till after Thanksgiving for that :D ). I am anxious about having a new "normal" for the next two years, but so so excited to finally correct severe crowding issues I've had all my life! I think once I survive the extractions the worst will be over, and then the challenge is just finding the right things to eat. With spacers right now, I'm living on mashed potatoes and yogurt!

EmilyTravels

Re: Starting my Braces treatment at 30!

#2 Post by EmilyTravels »

Welcome! Some of us are in braces for the second time, like me, but at least we are all adults here -- except when braces are painful, and we feel like babies. :lol:

tillybrace

#3 Post by tillybrace »

coffeelady wrote:Hey all,

Can I just say this site is a lifesaver?! There is not much out there for adults getting braces for the first time!
So I just started my journey with braces, first time getting braces at age 30. On Monday, I got the lovely experience of having spacers put in :shock: , and they went ahead and put on some brackets. Next week I get molar bands, and the next week I have 4 premolar extractions to look forward to(I wanted to wait till after Thanksgiving for that :D ). I am anxious about having a new "normal" for the next two years, but so so excited to finally correct severe crowding issues I've had all my life! I think once I survive the extractions the worst will be over, and then the challenge is just finding the right things to eat. With spacers right now, I'm living on mashed potatoes and yogurt!
welcome to the gang, its the best gang

coffeelady

#4 Post by coffeelady »

I have to keep reminding myself that this will be so worth it when it's all done! :HugeGrin: It's good to know I'm not the only adult that's doing this!

Steph30

#5 Post by Steph30 »

Welcome, I got my braces put on a few months before turning 30.. i'm 8 months in and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made.. not the most comfortable, but totally worth it!

coffeelady

#6 Post by coffeelady »

[quote="Steph30"]Welcome, I got my braces put on a few months before turning 30.. i'm 8 months in and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made.. not the most comfortable, but totally worth it![/quote]

I have to agree so far, makes me wish I would have been able to do it sooner! But I am so glad I decided to do it now. :-)