Hi all!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jennilyn

Hi all!

#1 Post by Jennilyn »

My name is Jen and i live in Niagara Falls with my boyfriend of 4 years and my two girls (12 & 15). My sister was the lucky one to get braces when she was a kid, so I was never able to correct my crooked teeth. Until now that is. I am almost 42 and my 15 year old just got her braces off so I figured I’d go to a consult and see if I’d be able to get it done. My daughter Ortho is so nice and very accommodating...initial payment of only $169 and $161 a month for the next 30 months. I figured I didn’t want to go my whole life without knowing what it’s like to be able to smile without worrying about what people think. I got braces with clear brackets on the upper and lower this past Monday (the 23rd) and am supposed to have them on for 12-15 months. Still getting used to talking and eating is kinda hard still because I have build-ups on my upper molars to make room for the lower brackets. My teeth don’t touch when I close my mouth so it’s hard to chew! Eventually it’ll all be fine...can’t wait for that!

EmilyTravels

Re: Hi all!

#2 Post by EmilyTravels »

Hi Jen!

Welcome to the forum. I am older than you and got braces in August at age 56! I had them when I was a teenager, but this time around is due to fracturing my jaw in a bicycle accident back in April. Just wanted to say hello and let you know that you are not alone in this journey. Even after only two months, I can tell you that it does get easier than the first few weeks! :D My ortho told me that I would be braced for 8-14 months, not bad. My payment plan is a bit higher per month but only for one year.

Good luck and take care!
Emily

Steph30

Re: Hi all!

#3 Post by Steph30 »

Welcome! That's so sweet that you get to do this with your daughter!!! Always nice to have someone to commiserate with.

:)