First wire change!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Smiley23

First wire change!

#1 Post by Smiley23 »

Month 4 of braces and got my first wire change (self ligating braces). Was told i would see more change in the next 8 weeks! Luckily no pain so far. 20 months left!

fayth

Re: First wire change!

#2 Post by fayth »

All the best, hope everything goes smoothly from here! :)

damoz

#3 Post by damoz »

wow congratulations! is there a reason they waited 4 months for the first change?

EmilyTravels

#4 Post by EmilyTravels »

Yes, that seems long, but what do I know? :BigGrin: I also have self-ligating brackets and had my first wire change just three weeks out. But part of that was because they waited until the 3 week mark to put the final four brackets on my molars, which are crowned. Since they were adding those brackets, I guess they went ahead and changed the wire as well (one size up).

My next appointment is not for six weeks. I have not noticed any tooth movement yet so hope I see just a bit before my next appointment. I'm impatient!

Plokoon111

#5 Post by Plokoon111 »

I'm also curious on how the new wire adjustments will feel like!

assertives

#6 Post by assertives »

Plokoon111 wrote:I'm also curious on how the new wire adjustments will feel like!
Nothing earth-shattering. :lol: You will feel tension/tightness and then some pain.

sim3jam

#7 Post by sim3jam »

Ah lucky! How much difference has there been 4 months down the line?