My Innovation journey, age 25

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

strinder

Re:

#16 Post by strinder »

[quote="str8k8"][quote="strinder"]
I'm really pleased I went for the clear ones over metal, I can't even begin to think how different I would look with metal ones. Also I'm pleased at how much I'm getting used to them and they feel weird is after I brush my teeth.

However my teeth are hurting so much! I only have one tooth that isn't hurting so I had to use only that tooth to eat my dinner this evening. I even went out today to buy some extra painkillers! What was your experience?[/quote]

Ah the first week or so were difficult at meal times. I learnt to love soup! My back molars on each side aren't bracketed and i definitely remember just having to use those teeth to eat with. I also remember the day when a dairylea cheese triangle was too hard. But that will quickly get better so dont you worry!! They are distant memories for me now!

...Until i get my bottom braces next month! I don't know how it would be with both top and bottom braced at the same time. Did you get both? Or just top?[/quote]

I got both of them together but I've been told that I'm going to be getting a ring around one of my molars which is just going to just hurt my teeth even more. I feel like getting braces in a staggered process would help getting accustomed to them. Did they say is there was a reason they were putting your top and bottom on at different times. Also how long did it take for the pain in your teeth to go?

str8k8

#17 Post by str8k8 »

claribeary wrote:Your progress after 7 weeks is amazing! :D They make me excited. I just got my braces on last night and I can't wait to see some form of noticeable change. :jump:

My last molars are unbracketed as well - a total of 4 of them. :)
Thank you claribeary :D :D :D it is super exciting to see changes!! I think I saw most change in weeks 3, 4 and 5. Although I felt my bite change way sooner.
strinder wrote: I got both of them together but I've been told that I'm going to be getting a ring around one of my molars which is just going to just hurt my teeth even more. I feel like getting braces in a staggered process would help getting accustomed to them. Did they say is there was a reason they were putting your top and bottom on at different times. Also how long did it take for the pain in your teeth to go?
Yer they said they would stagger it to help me get accustomed to them and also to get my top teeth moving for a while to get them out of the way a little...as I have a deep bite so my teeth would bash the bottom brackets. Although I think they still will so I guess I'll be getting molar build ups or something when my bottom brackets go on, so I don't damage my teeth.

If I'm remembering correctly, I was eating soft foods for the first 7-10 days. Then after that I was only eating on the left side, as the right side was a little tender and the front were very tender until week 5 I'd say. They don't hurt at all now, but I tried to bite a biscuit on the front the other day and changed my mind pretty quickly :)

claribeary

Re: My Innovation journey, age 25

#18 Post by claribeary »

Hahahaha yes, I can't even bite cake with my front teeth now, but it's day 2 for me. The only way food enters my mouth now is through a fork/spoon or chopsticks, direct into the back where my molars are. :lol:

KellyGreen

#19 Post by KellyGreen »

Yeah, the incisors are still too sore for me to bite into anything (even soft foods), and I'm 2 weeks in.

The ortho said they will see the most progress initially so it makes sense. I haven't noticed a difference in my teeth, yet. :(

str8k8

#20 Post by str8k8 »

Oooooh so i got my bottom braces put on today. Also a wire change on top to a rectangular wire.

Its all very tight in there :shock:

Il do a pic update soon!

str8k8

#21 Post by str8k8 »

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/7880/Hk2H8n.jpg

Wow..It's been 3 month since i posted an image update. So here's one!

Not much has changed since the last pic which shows just how quickly my top teeth straightened out initially. Does anyone know if the little gaps, e.g. between my central incisors, will be closed using IPR? Im hoping so but i have yet to ask.

I've had the top braces for 4 and a half months. I got the wire changed at every adjustment so far, so i'm now on the fourth wire.

I got the bottom braces 2 months ago and had the wire changed at the next adjustment. Then two brackets popped off within a few days so I got downgraded again :-( so I'm back to the first wire until my adjustment next month. Much slower progression through the wires on the bottom but my teeth are gradually straightening out, which is enough encouragement :-)

I also got molar build ups put on my back teeth after the last bracket popped off. I found them suuuper annoying in the first few days but I'm now used to them and they're doing their job so they can stay :lol:

All in all I'm so happy with my progress and can't WAIT to see the finished result