1st post!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Msdanyale

1st post!

#1 Post by Msdanyale »

Hey all!! I'm 27 and I've had braces for about a month now. I have the clear clarity Braces at the top and metal traditional braces at the bottom. It's been a long time coming...I was a thumb sucker up until age 13 so...you get the point lol

Steph30

Re: 1st post!

#2 Post by Steph30 »

Msdanyale wrote:Hey all!! I'm 27 and I've had braces for about a month now. I have the clear clarity Braces at the top and metal traditional braces at the bottom. It's been a long time coming...I was a thumb sucker up until age 13 so...you get the point lol

Hi, welcome to the board :) I'm 29 and I was braced March 28th, ceramic uppers and metal lowers. How are you adjusting?

Msdanyale

#3 Post by Msdanyale »

So far, so good! I'm getting some extractions done this Friday so I'm hoping the recovery isn't too bad.

FlowerPower

#4 Post by FlowerPower »

You're my braces twin! :lol: I sucked my thumb for a long time too! I have ceramic top and bottoms and am fixing an open bite and moderate crowding. I'm 28. I was told I may need extractions but they hasn't happened yet. I wonder how quickly you'll see changes once those teeth are removed!

atrixa

#5 Post by atrixa »

Msdanyale wrote:Hey all!! I'm 27 and I've had braces for about a month now. I have the clear clarity Braces at the top and metal traditional braces at the bottom. It's been a long time coming...I was a thumb sucker up until age 13 so...you get the point lol
Lol, I know what you mean. I had a dummy (pacifier) as a kid and it caused an awful overjet. They should ban the things.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

Msdanyale

#6 Post by Msdanyale »

[quote="FlowerPower"]You're my braces twin! :lol: I sucked my thumb for a long time too! I have ceramic top and bottoms and am fixing an open bite and moderate crowding. I'm 28. I was told I may need extractions but they hasn't happened yet. I wonder how quickly you'll see changes once those teeth are removed![/quote]
Hey twin!!!! lol I'll be 28 in November. Today I got my upper wisdom teeth, upper bicuspids, and two lower molars that were broken and decayed removed. 6 teeth at one time lol. Oh and I have the nance appliance :shock:

Msdanyale

#7 Post by Msdanyale »

[quote="atrixa"][quote="Msdanyale"]Hey all!! I'm 27 and I've had braces for about a month now. I have the clear clarity Braces at the top and metal traditional braces at the bottom. It's been a long time coming...I was a thumb sucker up until age 13 so...you get the point lol[/quote]
Lol, I know what you mean. I had a dummy (pacifier) as a kid and it caused an awful overjet. They should ban the things.[/quote]
Smh!! How long is your treatment? The only crowding I have is the front four, surprisingly. It will only take about 4-5 months to straighten if that long especially since I got my extractions done today. But this overbite? Uummmmm yeah lol. Im in for two years.

Msdanyale

#8 Post by Msdanyale »

I got my first adjustment on the 18th....I am still miserable :cry: my teeth hurt so bad lol

atrixa

#9 Post by atrixa »

Msdanyale wrote:I got my first adjustment on the 18th....I am still miserable :cry: my teeth hurt so bad lol
Oh, me too! I'd forgotten how bad the pain was. I'm only just now managing to eat solids. My premolars are still very sore, I think they're being pulled down.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

Msdanyale

#10 Post by Msdanyale »

lol I managed to eat a flatbread sandwich today. It was pleasant!!! It hurt for a second but I was able to manage. I also took some pics..I see very little progress. Guess I'm being impatient lol

Steph30

#11 Post by Steph30 »

Msdanyale wrote:lol I managed to eat a flatbread sandwich today. It was pleasant!!! It hurt for a second but I was able to manage. I also took some pics..I see very little progress. Guess I'm being impatient lol

Are you able to post the pictures? Sometimes its harder for us to see our own progress!

Msdanyale

#12 Post by Msdanyale »

Steph30 wrote:
Msdanyale wrote:lol I managed to eat a flatbread sandwich today. It was pleasant!!! It hurt for a second but I was able to manage. I also took some pics..I see very little progress. Guess I'm being impatient lol

Are you able to post the pictures? Sometimes its harder for us to see our own progress!
I do!!! I'm so embarrassed though

Steph30

#13 Post by Steph30 »

Msdanyale wrote:
Steph30 wrote:

It's totally your decision but don't feel embarrassed! We're all here for similar reasons and it's so cool to see everyones progress!

Msdanyale

#14 Post by Msdanyale »

Steph30 wrote:
Msdanyale wrote:
Steph30 wrote:

It's totally your decision but don't feel embarrassed! We're all here for similar reasons and it's so cool to see everyones progress!
I'll post them in a few! Stay tuned lol

Msdanyale

#15 Post by Msdanyale »

Every time I try and post them it says the file is too large