29 - Braces Journey (terrified)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Steph30

Re: 29 - Braces Journey (terrified)

#76 Post by Steph30 »

IMG_6378.JPG

100 DAYS!!!!! Feels like a big accomplishment haha, time sure flies!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steph30

#77 Post by Steph30 »

BlondeCam wrote:You've had amazing movement! They're bound to be sore. They'll make room for the rotation then reel it all in with powerchains probably. The "stuff" stuck in your teeth are probably "black triangles" created from where the gums stop growing around the crowded teeth. Mine were corrected with very minimal IPR between the 1's and between 1 & 2 on both sides. Your teeth look STUNNING!

Ahhh thank you! I Don't mind the pain as I do know it means things are happening.

What is IPR?

Steph30

#78 Post by Steph30 »

atrixa wrote:
Yeah, the gaps are awful but necessary (look at the state of mine atm!) it won't be forever though. We just keep having to tell ourselves that.
Your teeth are looking great so far!, I have a good 1-2 mm gap on my top and bottom teeth in the same place, Im kind of self conscious about it.. Im trying not to over analyze every movement in my mouth but its tough. I need to learn to have faith in my ortho and let her do her job. Im such a control freak bahah :-+

atrixa

#79 Post by atrixa »

Steph30 wrote:
atrixa wrote:
Yeah, the gaps are awful but necessary (look at the state of mine atm!) it won't be forever though. We just keep having to tell ourselves that.
Your teeth are looking great so far!, I have a good 1-2 mm gap on my top and bottom teeth in the same place, Im kind of self conscious about it.. Im trying not to over analyze every movement in my mouth but its tough. I need to learn to have faith in my ortho and let her do her job. Im such a control freak bahah :-+
I know what you mean! Since my last adjustment my bite feels really weird. I'm sure it'll settle down, but I can't help but panic slightly that it'll be forever. My ortho it really pleased with how everything is going, so I shouldn't be worried either.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

Steph30

#80 Post by Steph30 »

atrixa wrote: I know what you mean! Since my last adjustment my bite feels really weird. I'm sure it'll settle down, but I can't help but panic slightly that it'll be forever. My ortho it really pleased with how everything is going, so I shouldn't be worried either.
Yikes, YES! I feel panic quite frequently as well... it's so tough to imagine everything will fit perfectly and move properly at the end of all this. Our mouths were so used to being one way for so long. My jaw especially, is messed up, to say the least right now.. I cant even fit a twinkie in between my teeth without searing pain in my jaw joint from opening my mouth.. argh

One day at a time! :)

Steph30

#81 Post by Steph30 »

So, I thought i'd do a little update -

I'm still freaked out about my jaw being so sore and tight - feels like its going to snap 85% of the time. My cheeks are swollen and ripped apart on one side, I really should just put some wax on. I always find as I get near an adjustment (Aug 10) that my cheeks start to get torn up. Helps me look forward to the adjustment because I know that might get better for a while each time!

I haven't noticed a whole lot of movement lately but I did expect things to slow down.. I'm sure small changes are happening that I don't really notice. - Still have a couple terrible gaps on my right side, and my front teeth uppers are not in line yet, still crooked :( My bite isn't completely closed yet which I think is what the ortho is trying to accomplish right now, my molars have not completely erupted.

One other thing, my wisdom teeth are desperately trying to come in (I only have 3 left) - so on top of the braces aggravation, I am teething. and they aren't coming in smoothly - I may make a dentist apt to discuss them... haven't decided yet.. I don't think my jaw could handle removal without sedation because it cant even handle adjustments and cleanings without going haywire.. gives me major anxiety!

Trying to remain optimistic but i'm already kind of sick of these things.. only 18-20 more months :shock: :roll:

Steph30

#82 Post by Steph30 »

Had my adjustment on Aug 10 - Changed my bottom wire to the "final wire" - one that's more rigid and used for smaller adjustments on separate teeth? All I know is little bends will be made to do more precise movements.. I had some pain after adjustment on the lowers but nothing crazy.

Upper wire was changed again to a bigger size, I wish I remembered the numbers haha - its a square one - but not the "final wire" - no ties, no elastics or anything yet... which I am okay with.

Ortho said I've still had lots of movement even though I can't really appreciate it - bite still not closed... my jaw however, has been feeling sooo much better! Not sure why, hope it lasts though. :mrgreen:

Did a panoramic x-ray at this apt because I asked for a quote to have my final 3 wisdom removed under sedation - so I will get that quote at some point..

The assistant FLOSSED my teeth for me without the wires on, it was heavenly! She said clean wise I've been doing a great job, I can thank the ortho plackers for that... Easy flossing for braces for sure. so much quicker too, I honestly don't take that long to do my teeth routine.. some people talk about how long it takes.. :-*

Next adjustment is at the end of September, I'm going to ask at that appointment if she sees an end in sight yet.... maybe she can give me some kind of time line to go on. Probably jumping the gun since i'm only 4.5 months in haha.. still have high hopes for end of Aug next year!

Steph30

#83 Post by Steph30 »

IMG_6378.JPG
image1.JPG
Day 148! and Day 100 for close comparison - not much movement in 50 days!!

Is it weird that one side of my mouth goes up and the other side stays down? I've really noticed while taking pics for my braces hah.. so strange
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

atrixa

#84 Post by atrixa »

Steph30 wrote: Is it weird that one side of my mouth goes up and the other side stays down? I've really noticed while taking pics for my braces hah.. so strange
I've noticed the same thing about my own smile. Apparently it's to do with how often you use the muscles on each side. For example, if you often eat on only one side of your mouth, it might cause some asymmetry. I added that to the file of "weird things I've noticed about my face in braces" :roll:
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

Steph30

#85 Post by Steph30 »

atrixa wrote: I've noticed the same thing about my own smile. Apparently it's to do with how often you use the muscles on each side. For example, if you often eat on only one side of your mouth, it might cause some asymmetry. I added that to the file of "weird things I've noticed about my face in braces" :roll:

oooh interesting!!!! I must do ALOT with the left side of my mouth, I'm going to pay closer attention to what I do differently with it.. so pronounced. lol :lol:

tillybrace

#86 Post by tillybrace »

i am 100% jelouse of your progress so far.
i wish i had your teeth.

Steph30

#87 Post by Steph30 »

tillybrace wrote:i am 100% jelouse of your progress so far.
i wish i had your teeth.

Your teeth have moved a lot! maybe try going back and looking at the before pictures! Stay positive, I know as it gets further in you probably just want to be finished and have your perfect smile, have faith and take it day by day! :-*

Steph30

#88 Post by Steph30 »

Time sure flies! Ive been in my braces for 5 months and 17 days.. THATS CRAZY!... I have an adjustment coming up on the 27th and I'm going to ask about the possibility of being out by Sept of next year, that would be amazing.. I feel like not a whole lot has been happening lately though. My jaw however has made a huge recovery so far and that takes a lot of the anxiety away. Doesn't feel like it's going to snap in half anymore.

I will do a little update after my adjustment and post some pictures, but again I don't see much changes from day 100.

Steph30

#89 Post by Steph30 »

Today marks my 6 month mark in braces... I'm still in shock with how fast time goes by. As expected teeth movement have slowed down and I cant really notice much, but I had an adjustment yesterday and ortho said everything is right on track and things are going great. I got power chained in two places.. one of the power chains has already closed up the gap (that one is on the bottom front right.. I'll post picture later on - the other power chain is on the back lower left molar).. not entirely sure what its doing.. but its there. My teeth are sore but nothing unbearable.

I asked about possibility of being out of these by September of next year and she said its still too early to tell but so far I'm still on track with the original projection - earliest being November 2018... I'm still optimistic though! I Keep trying to cheat a week here and there by bumping up my adjustments lol, next one is in 7 weeks.

Apparently I'm doing a great job cleaning but I'm guilty for not really taking a lot of time so that's confusing..

Hope everyone is doing well!

Steph

Steph30

Re: 29 - Braces Journey *Updated with pics Oct 12

#90 Post by Steph30 »

IMG_7706.jpg