29 - Braces Journey (terrified)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

meggie

Re: 29 - Braces Journey (terrified)

#106 Post by meggie »

I am literally only a week into the Carriere hahaha. It uses elastics to correct the bite, but works faster than elastics on braces. The ortho said it would save 10 months of braces by doing it this way. Honestly, the first few days I was ready to say efff this, but I am trying to keep my eyes on the prize.

Steph30

#107 Post by Steph30 »

meggie wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:46 pm I am literally only a week into the Carriere hahaha. It uses elastics to correct the bite, but works faster than elastics on braces. The ortho said it would save 10 months of braces by doing it this way. Honestly, the first few days I was ready to say efff this, but I am trying to keep my eyes on the prize.
Ahh yes, its still fresh for you! I hope it goes quicker with that appliance, I had a bite plate correcting my bite.. which was miserable but it really did work fast, I had a lot of movement in my teeth in the first 3 months. I remember the feeling of "is this really worth it" with all the pain.. the first 2 weeks were awful but I still feel like this is one of the best decisions I've ever made. Im just itching to get them off now!.. Im not the most patient person.

How long do you expect to be in treatment?

Steph30

#108 Post by Steph30 »

Update photo since its been a while:
IMG_1791.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jethro

#109 Post by Jethro »

Congrats on your progress...your teeth look fantastic!

Steph30

#110 Post by Steph30 »

Jethro wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:40 am Congrats on your progress...your teeth look fantastic!
Thank you! Progress is very slow right now so I struggle to notice the changes :-*

meggie

#111 Post by meggie »

Steph30 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:55 am
meggie wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:46 pm I am literally only a week into the Carriere hahaha. It uses elastics to correct the bite, but works faster than elastics on braces. The ortho said it would save 10 months of braces by doing it this way. Honestly, the first few days I was ready to say efff this, but I am trying to keep my eyes on the prize.
Ahh yes, its still fresh for you! I hope it goes quicker with that appliance, I had a bite plate correcting my bite.. which was miserable but it really did work fast, I had a lot of movement in my teeth in the first 3 months. I remember the feeling of "is this really worth it" with all the pain.. the first 2 weeks were awful but I still feel like this is one of the best decisions I've ever made. Im just itching to get them off now!.. Im not the most patient person.

How long do you expect to be in treatment?
Hey! The ortho said 4-6 months in the Carriere, then 18 -24 months with just top braces and then 6 months with bottom braces and top braces. Basically my lower jaw seems to have developed normally, but my top jaw is messed up!

Steph30

#112 Post by Steph30 »

meggie wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:12 am

Hey! The ortho said 4-6 months in the Carriere, then 18 -24 months with just top braces and then 6 months with bottom braces and top braces. Basically my lower jaw seems to have developed normally, but my top jaw is messed up!
Good luck with your treatment! Time will fly by :)

Steph30

#113 Post by Steph30 »

Just a quick update: Had an adjustment on the 15th - front power chain was removed - I just have two tiny power chains on my back upper molars now - some bends made in my upper wire.. they didn't even remove my lower wire so everything must be good on the bottom.. same elastic configuration! Theres a couple teeth they are trying to rotate and perfect.. but..

MOST EXCITING NEWS: Possible removal in December! :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Im trying not to get too excited about that because I know these things can change... but a light at the end of the tunnel is nice.

Now to practice my metal smile for my sisters wedding in a couple weeks... ugh

Steph30

#114 Post by Steph30 »

Ooops forgot to update:

Had an adjustment on September 26th and I had some major grinding on my front teeth to help get rid of some black spaces.. I have two cross wires trying to close a gap and im still unhappy about one of my teeth.. it seems off and has weird spacing.. I was told after this next stint of elastics that they would do molds and prepare for retainers but I think I'm going to make a sooner appt to deal with the tooth im unhappy about.

End is in sight but after so long I don't think I'm rushing out of these until I am 100% Happy.

Steph30

#115 Post by Steph30 »

Had an adjustment on January 7 - Im still not happy with my one tooth and the front tops... something doesn't seem right but the ortho says she thinks it looks good. She power chained to close a small gap on top right and we rebooked for Feb 6 so long as everything looks good and IM happy we will do impressions for retainers at that appointment and then I guess its debracing the following appt. I don't know if im over analyzing this one area in my mouth or what.. so feel free to let me know!..Pictures below.

And im aware my bite is off.. She says its within normal limits and we don't want to cause any more problems with my jaw..

Left is October '18 - Right is January '19
tt1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

assertives

#116 Post by assertives »

Your top right lateral incisor looks like it isn't flush with the rest of your teeth. I think that could still get adjusted. It also looks like you still have abit of an overbite, but other than that, your teeth looks good to me.

Steph30

#117 Post by Steph30 »

Thanks for the response.. I had my adjustment yesterday and we are going to keep trying on that stubborn tooth - she thinks some of it is related to shape of tooth.. I'm not entirely convinced.

My bite is off - for sure, I don't think that's going to be fixed. My deep bite has been corrected but my jaw is too temperamental to keep trying with elastics.

No such thing as perfection in this mouth of mine unfortunately!

Steph30

#118 Post by Steph30 »

IM FREE!!!!!!!!!! :-*
thumbnail_IMG_3849.jpg
Debrace date was two days ago - It was not exactly fun.. but not super painful either... The removal of the ceramic was a lot worse than the metal... and my jaw was being tempermental but I got through it in about an hour.. :)

Happy to be done - Teeth are quite sore, but better than yesterday.. Talking with retainer is not as bad as I though it would be.. but my retainer isn't comfortable to bite down on. Not sure if normal or not.. Will ask at my 2 month check in, when I can go down to just nightly wear.

Thanks for all the support throughout this journey!!

SinkFullOfDinner

#119 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

Wow, did that turn out well, Steph!! Your ortho did a beautiful job! Now go on and get a phone with more storage to handle the crazy number of selfies you'll be taking. :D

Jami1

#120 Post by Jami1 »

Your teeth look gorgeous!!! Congratulations😀😀😀