29 - Braces Journey (terrified)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Steph30

Re: 29 - Braces Journey (terrified)

#61 Post by Steph30 »

SoulfulRetreat wrote:Wow! Your teeth are awesome! So much progress in 72 days! Yay! One of my front teeth is longer than the other and the technician said that the other tooth will drop down into place eventually and will be even with the other one. We seem to both be moving right along. Congrats to you!

Good to know about the tooth dropping, it's my biggest complaint right now.. looks all long and out of place haha. Cant wait to see some update pics from you!

Meg828

#62 Post by Meg828 »

I'm 27, and am going next week to sign the paperwork and get started with braces! I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. I hope my progress is just as good as yours seems to be!

tillybrace

#63 Post by tillybrace »

Steph30 wrote:
tillybrace wrote:
That is some brilliant process

Thanks!! I'm feeling pretty good about things so far :D - I had a peak at your thread as well, your teeth are really coming along, are you happy so far? - any regrets?
I regret, letting my ex best friend convince me that i didn;t need braces every time i mentioned wanting them.As it only took me 3 weeks into wearing them to finally admit how much the appearance of me teeth, and their location had been impairing my life. I actually think this is the best thing, i could of done for my self, just wish i had done it sooner.

VioletStubbs

#64 Post by VioletStubbs »

Steph30 wrote:
VioletStubbs wrote:I hope my teeth move as quickly as yours have, any improvement on my smile will be a big improvement. You sound like an absolute trooper!

I'm sure things will! The most movement seems to happen at first for everyone and then its mostly fine tuning! When's your brace date? Time really does move fast so try not to dread it too much :D
Spacers in on the 15th and braces on the 22nd, it all happened so fast! I'm pretty keen really. Braces are something I've wanted since my teeth came in crooked when I was 7 (20 YEARS) but this is the first time in my life that they're an option financially so weirdly I feel both very young (brace face haha) and very grown up hahaha

Steph30

#65 Post by Steph30 »

tillybrace wrote: I regret, letting my ex best friend convince me that i didn;t need braces every time i mentioned wanting them.As it only took me 3 weeks into wearing them to finally admit how much the appearance of me teeth, and their location had been impairing my life. I actually think this is the best thing, i could of done for my self, just wish i had done it sooner.

Oh I totally hear what youre saying!!!.. the confidence level improvement... and just over all comfort in talking and smiling and showing emotion ... its life changing!.. and that's not even being dramatic.. it's true, how insecure crooked teeth can make us feel.

So glad you are feeling so much better about your teeth!

Steph30

#66 Post by Steph30 »

Meg828 wrote:I'm 27, and am going next week to sign the paperwork and get started with braces! I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. I hope my progress is just as good as yours seems to be!

Yay! exciting :) I was sooooo nervous too but I have zero regrets :) Cant wait to see your updates.

Steph30

#67 Post by Steph30 »

One of my tie wires must have shifted and is cutting my lip up so terribly... I feel like I have razor cuts all inside my upper lip!.. I called ortho to see if I can bump up my next adjustment by 3 weeks and come in next week.. they kind of said I need to try and push the wire over myself and theyd rather not bump my adjustment because they don't want to do things to fast. They told me If I want to speed things up a bit I can activate my wires by swishing with hotish water twice a day... and that just because I don't feel pain doesn't mean nothing is happening...

I'm so impatient, I would LOVE to bump up my adjustment because I have high hopes of being out of these things by Sept 2018 for my sisters wedding.

Okay, rant over. :x

Steph30

#68 Post by Steph30 »

**UPDATE**

It wasn't a tie wire - it was a tooth brush bristle!!!!! :lol: :-*

I managed to get it out with tweezers.. beware, they're dangerous!!

Feeling much more comfortable now, do I keep my apt next week and hope they do an adjustment? sneaky sneaky

mapleleafman888

#69 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Very nice progress! The upper arch really rounded out on the last photo you showed!

I go for my final post braces ortho check up on June 26, I think my teeth stayed very well in place after braces.

Best of luck with the rest of your braces journey, congrats on going for it!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

Steph30

#70 Post by Steph30 »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Very nice progress! The upper arch really rounded out on the last photo you showed!

I go for my final post braces ortho check up on June 26, I think my teeth stayed very well in place after braces.

Best of luck with the rest of your braces journey, congrats on going for it!

Thank you!!!!

I had a quick look at your braces story, your smile is absolutely gorgeous!!! Do you find now that your teeth connect when you sit naturally with your mouth closed/no smile your face looks different? I Find when I pull my teeth to where they are supposed to sit, just below my uppers a few mm's I look like a bulldog with my mouth closed lol I'm hoping it looks more natural after my jaws moved etc, but I guess its a concern I have!.

SoulfulRetreat

#71 Post by SoulfulRetreat »

I actually got my toothbrush stuck in my braces several times....lol They are dangerous! Glad it was not the wire and you were able to remove the bristle with tweezers. Now, every time my toothbrush gets stuck, I'll think of you....lol I'll make sure to keep those tweezers handy! :-)

Steph30 wrote:**UPDATE**

It wasn't a tie wire - it was a tooth brush bristle!!!!! :lol: :-*

I managed to get it out with tweezers.. beware, they're dangerous!!

Feeling much more comfortable now, do I keep my apt next week and hope they do an adjustment? sneaky sneaky

Steph30

#72 Post by Steph30 »

SoulfulRetreat wrote:I actually got my toothbrush stuck in my braces several times....lol They are dangerous! Glad it was not the wire and you were able to remove the bristle with tweezers. Now, every time my toothbrush gets stuck, I'll think of you....lol I'll make sure to keep those tweezers handy! :-)

:lol: :lol: Hilarious!!! the things we go through and learn to watch for! I'm still going to my apt tomorrow in hopes they do an early adjustment!... i'll post an update tomorrow!.. I saw your update pictures on your post.. AMAZING!!!!

Steph30

#73 Post by Steph30 »

I had an adjustment on June 28th (3 weeks early yahhh!) - My jaw is still tight and painful and spastic so opening my mouth for anything for any length of time is quite distressing so it's not fun to have an adjustment at all for me. They changed out my wires and upgraded to square.. I think that's good? haha.. I feel like ive seen people excited over this!.. My ortho is quite impressed with my teeth movement so far -- Biggest news however is....

NO MORE BITE PLATE!!!! Woohoo - I have turbos now on my upper teeth so I still cant close my mouth completely but no more bite plate yah!

Thank goodness though because I had a dream that I was choking on a mini skateboard and woke up and I was choking on my bite plate! ha! it was getting kind of loose.. :lol:

My molars were very very very sore after the adjustment, back to mooshy food, I heard the ortho talking about how the new wires were really going to "activate" certain teeth and she wasn't kidding - I was miserable again for a day or two.. still sore now but not bad..

I've developed some awful looking gaps between some of my teeth - which I guess is good for movement seeing as I was so overcrowded but I'm starting to look odd. Next adjustment is on August 10th, again 2-3 weeks ahead of what ortho recommended due to faster movement, so hopefully with all these speedy adjustments my time frame will slowly start going down and i'll be out of them before my sisters wedding! fingers crossed!

:BigTeethGrin:

Pictures to follow at some point - I like to keep progress photos up to date.

Thanks for reading!

BlondeCam

#74 Post by BlondeCam »

You've had amazing movement! They're bound to be sore. They'll make room for the rotation then reel it all in with powerchains probably. The "stuff" stuck in your teeth are probably "black triangles" created from where the gums stop growing around the crowded teeth. Mine were corrected with very minimal IPR between the 1's and between 1 & 2 on both sides. Your teeth look STUNNING!

atrixa

#75 Post by atrixa »

Steph30 wrote:
NO MORE BITE PLATE!!!! Woohoo - I have turbos now on my upper teeth so I still cant close my mouth completely but no more bite plate yah!

Thank goodness though because I had a dream that I was choking on a mini skateboard and woke up and I was choking on my bite plate! ha! it was getting kind of loose.. :lol:

I've developed some awful looking gaps between some of my teeth - which I guess is good for movement seeing as I was so overcrowded but I'm starting to look odd. Next adjustment is on August 10th, again 2-3 weeks ahead of what ortho recommended due to faster movement, so hopefully with all these speedy adjustments my time frame will slowly start going down and i'll be out of them before my sisters wedding! fingers crossed!
I'm so happy that you don't need the bite plate anymore! That must be such a relief.

Yeah, the gaps are awful but necessary (look at the state of mine atm!) it won't be forever though. We just keep having to tell ourselves that.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*