Ceramic Braces Story @ 28

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

istase2000

Ceramic Braces Story @ 28

#1 Post by istase2000 »

Hi Everyone! I'm new here and love the idea of this forum. I am very excited to share my progress with you all although I am only on Day 5!

A little background - my teeth have always been pretty straight, there were a couple slightly rotated but the dentist told me not to be silly when I asked for braces as a kid. As I got older, my snaggletooth on the top seemed to shift more and more out of place and I started noticing it in photos which was never the case before. After a lot of contemplating for a long time I decided to take the plunge. Originally the snaggletooth on the top was my main issue, but the orthodontist said the crowding on the bottom is more of a problem with my cuspids sticking out and they're going to expand my arch. I hope this won't make my lips look too full at the end. I have a mild underbite/crossbite also. I've gone with Clarity Ceramic Braces - although in hindsight I would've picked the self ligating ones even though there is a bit of metal on the clear brackets. I have only had braces for 5 days and it's been pretty uncomfortable and painful so far! Hopefully I can be off the liquid diet soon!

Treatment time is ~12 months

Thanks for reading!

Here's some photos before braces

Day 5 of braces (sorry the photos are not the most flattering!)

tillybrace

Re: Ceramic Braces Story @ 28

#2 Post by tillybrace »

I am halfway through brace treatment and I am jealous of how your teeth at the start of yours.can we trade teeth welcome to the brace club, they will only get better from this pint on

istase2000

#3 Post by istase2000 »

Thanks Tilly.

It got better and I could eat by the 6th day :) It looks like my teeth haven't moved much but they feel like they are moving

Just had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out today under local anaesthetics - all came out smoothly and isn't really painful :D Feels strange getting rid of 4 good teeth that were not impacted, but the ortho recommended it to relieve pressure of the other teeth :?

I'm getting my adjustment in 10 days, am kinda excited!

cocomacd

#4 Post by cocomacd »

Looking great so far! Are you happy you went with clear? I go for bonding tomorrow and still haven't decided between clear and metal...lol.
Journey Begins December 6, 2016
First time, Self ligating brackets
Age 38

Sentence: 12-18 months

istase2000

#5 Post by istase2000 »

cocomacd wrote:Looking great so far! Are you happy you went with clear? I go for bonding tomorrow and still haven't decided between clear and metal...lol.
With clear, some people won't even realise you have braces until you tell them so that's a plus. I heard clear are more bulkier than metal though - check with your ortho about the size difference! Good luck today!

istase2000

#6 Post by istase2000 »

Hi everyone!

It's been almost a month with braces (time has flown!)- and just had my first adjustment 2 days ago. Felt tight at first but not painful at all and eating normally :D Sort of getting used to the braces, but the sides of my mouth get better and then get irritated again with canker sores. Maybe because the bite is constantly changing.

Here's my teeth currently, the snaggletooth on the top is not straighter yet, but front tooth next to the it is now a bit longer than the one next to it! I guess the ortho will realign that later. Anyone else have their teeth get more crooked before getting straighter?

Ramm87

#7 Post by Ramm87 »

Already it is possible to see some progress within roughly a month :wink:

Sammie1987

#8 Post by Sammie1987 »

Yep my 2 front teeth have done exactly the same , I am a little worried as to why one has dropped down as they were straight before! But like you say I'm sure they will sort it :) good luck with your journey! X

Shelleyt

#9 Post by Shelleyt »

My teeth did the same thing. Still one is longer than the other! But I am pretty sure it is just caused by the force of that one out of place tooth being pulled in. That's what caused mine
And it should work itself out!

tillybrace

#10 Post by tillybrace »

istase2000 wrote:Hi Everyone! I'm new here and love the idea of this forum. I am very excited to share my progress with you all although I am only on Day 5!

A little background - my teeth have always been pretty straight, there were a couple slightly rotated but the dentist told me not to be silly when I asked for braces as a kid. As I got older, my snaggletooth on the top seemed to shift more and more out of place and I started noticing it in photos which was never the case before. After a lot of contemplating for a long time I decided to take the plunge. Originally the snaggletooth on the top was my main issue, but the orthodontist said the crowding on the bottom is more of a problem with my cuspids sticking out and they're going to expand my arch. I hope this won't make my lips look too full at the end. I have a mild underbite/crossbite also. I've gone with Clarity Ceramic Braces - although in hindsight I would've picked the self ligating ones even though there is a bit of metal on the clear brackets. I have only had braces for 5 days and it's been pretty uncomfortable and painful so far! Hopefully I can be off the liquid diet soon!

Treatment time is ~12 months

Thanks for reading!

Here's some photos before braces

Day 5 of braces (sorry the photos are not the most flattering!)

It still sorr of makes me giggle that your teeth at the start if treatment, look like mine are curremtly (half way through). Yet i would still rather have your teeth then mine.

istase2000

#11 Post by istase2000 »

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support!

Just had my 2nd tightening and got upgraded to a thicker wire on the top. Been quite painful on the right side so can only chew on the left. I asked the ortho about the longer tooth and he gave me a complicated answer. In short, he said it's all "relative" and there are many reasons but will fix it later because now they are in the straightening phase, which seems to be going quite well! The lower arch looks amazing compared to 2 months ago and snaggletooth seems to be rotating inwards :D Although the teeth are straightening, I feel like my bite has gone a bit off (as you can see in my smiling photo) and mid centre is no longer aligned. I have discovered a tiny decay between my top front too teeth. Could not see it at all before braces, but due to them moving I now know about it. Got some fluoride treatment for that from the dentist so hopefully it doesn't get any worse. So much drama :crazy:

2 months 1 day progress photos

atrixa

#12 Post by atrixa »

Looking good so far! Have you had much staining on the ceramics?

BlondeCam

#13 Post by BlondeCam »

They look great! I'm going to start the same shortly. Hopefully next week. Slight snaggletooth in my front two from not wearing my retainer as a teen. I'm so excited.

istase2000

#14 Post by istase2000 »

Thanks for your kind words guys. My ceramics don't stain actually. They are the Clarity™ ADVANCED Ceramic Brackets - 3M brackets.

Good luck Blondecam! It's so exciting when the snaggletooth fixes. I just hope the midline can be fixed..

Before braces
Now

BlondeCam

#15 Post by BlondeCam »

They look great!!! Your pics are making me very optimistic!