My braces story at 24 yrs old!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aussietrumpeter

Re: My braces story at 24 yrs old!

#16 Post by aussietrumpeter »

Month 4 progress. Brackets on two front teeth were re-positioned to push them up and make them shorter. The ortho filed down the front teeth a bit and next time will do some more so that they match each other.
month 4.jpg
month 4 top.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

istase2000

#17 Post by istase2000 »

Wow the top is straight already! Great progress

aussietrumpeter

#18 Post by aussietrumpeter »

istase2000 wrote:Wow the top is straight already! Great progress

aussietrumpeter

#19 Post by aussietrumpeter »

Progress pics. Things are moving along...still not enough room for those two blocked out teeth on the bottom. And my top midline is off by a lot so they're trying to fix that now...
5 months.jpg
4 months.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jem

#20 Post by jem »

Excellent progress Aussie especially in your top arch. And the teeth that are attached to your archwire at the bottom are also coming into line nicely. Finding space to join those instanding teeth to the archwire looks like a bit of a challenge. Is the metal arch inside your teeth an expansion device? And will you be getting any IPR to help you gain space? Is your upper tongue habit device also an expansion device so that both arches will expand the same?

All those devices must be hard to live with but well worth it for such fantastic progress.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

aussietrumpeter

#21 Post by aussietrumpeter »

jem wrote:Excellent progress Aussie especially in your top arch. And the teeth that are attached to your archwire at the bottom are also coming into line nicely. Finding space to join those instanding teeth to the archwire looks like a bit of a challenge. Is the metal arch inside your teeth an expansion device? And will you be getting any IPR to help you gain space? Is your upper tongue habit device also an expansion device so that both arches will expand the same?

All those devices must be hard to live with but well worth it for such fantastic progress.

Jem
Thanks Jem. I hope they do some IPR to speed things up and make a little more room but I haven't asked and haven't been told anything.
The arch on the inside bottom I am pretty sure is to keep the molars from rotating. And yes the habit device is also helping to expand the top arch (I actually have gaps now, where before I didn't even have room for all my top teeth).
Can't wait until my teeth look great like yours ! It's definitely worth the trouble.

Josh1794

#22 Post by Josh1794 »

Im new to all this, im 22, also from australia and about to get an expander. Feeling nervous

aussietrumpeter

#23 Post by aussietrumpeter »

It's normal to feel nervous Josh, but definitely worth it.

22at26

#24 Post by 22at26 »

Patience is so hard. I am 3 days in fully braced and I am constantly looking for the changes already haha. I can't wait to see your photos!

aussietrumpeter

#25 Post by aussietrumpeter »

22at26 wrote:Patience is so hard. I am 3 days in fully braced and I am constantly looking for the changes already haha. I can't wait to see your photos!
Hopefully you'll see some changes pretty quickly :)

I haven't updated in a while. Major developments have been:
- Top midline was very off and they have been trying to fix this. It's better but still not perfect.
- One tooth in the bottom arch struggling to fit; I was given the choice to keep it or not but have decided to have it extracted because my bottom arch is wider than my top arch and it will take a lot longer to make space for that tooth. I get it out in a few weeks and I can't wait, it's really annoying me.
- The 'tongue spinner' device I had in my palate broke so I've only got part of it left in

Bottom arch:
bottom 0-7.jpg
Smiling:
month 0-8.jpg
Top arch:
top arch.jpg

noodles

#26 Post by noodles »

Wow, fantastic! Congrats!

atrixa

#27 Post by atrixa »

The progress you've had is amazing!
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

aussietrumpeter

#28 Post by aussietrumpeter »

Thanks; I'm much happier with my teeth now but more than a year to go... :wink:

erin5550

#29 Post by erin5550 »

aussietrumpeter wrote:
22at26 wrote:Patience is so hard. I am 3 days in fully braced and I am constantly looking for the changes already haha. I can't wait to see your photos!
Hopefully you'll see some changes pretty quickly :)

I haven't updated in a while. Major developments have been:
- Top midline was very off and they have been trying to fix this. It's better but still not perfect.
- One tooth in the bottom arch struggling to fit; I was given the choice to keep it or not but have decided to have it extracted because my bottom arch is wider than my top arch and it will take a lot longer to make space for that tooth. I get it out in a few weeks and I can't wait, it's really annoying me.
- The 'tongue spinner' device I had in my palate broke so I've only got part of it left in

Bottom arch:
bottom 0-7.jpg

Smiling:
month 0-8.jpg

Top arch:
top arch.jpg
Amazing progress!

aussietrumpeter

#30 Post by aussietrumpeter »

erin5550 wrote:
Amazing progress!