Full Metal Braces at 35

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

damoz

Re: Full Metal Braces at 35

#46 Post by damoz »

tmjd wrote:I just read the whole progress. (no pictures permission yet), but based on what you are telling, I can see a great progress. Thanks a lot for the encouragement with the bite blocks. I have bite turbos and the week has been very slow for me. The sense of chewing anything has been so discomforting that I have stick to basically soups with very-fined-chopped smoked turkey for almost 7 days now.

Hope I can see the progress soon, when I have premission to view images.

I will be posting my story shortly.

:-D
Stick with it mate they do get easier. I went back after one week to ask about molar build ups but didn't go ahead with the change and the turbos aren't an issue at all now. Another week or two and you'll be eating anything you like and the turbos will be there but it won't be a problem just keep them clean and it's all good.

r1r1r12000

#47 Post by r1r1r12000 »

Damoz is right, tmjd!

If you've made it a week with bite blocks, you are almost to the point where they won't bother you anymore. Hang in there!

r1r1r12000

#48 Post by r1r1r12000 »

Well, it looks like I forgot to update this page after my last two adjustments.

I'm now at 13 months in braces. At my visit 1 month ago, the orthodontist told me to resume wearing the elastic. That will probably remain for the duration of my treatment. This month we added a powerchain on top to close the space on my upper left. That space is the primary thing the ortho is still working on. Otherwise, just some finishing is all that remains. Still probably 2-3 months from being done.

Here's how things look with the powerchain:
front.jpg
This is the gap that the elastic and the powerchain are both working to close:
side.jpg
Here's the comparison from day 1 to 13 months:
13 month comparison.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

r1r1r12000

#49 Post by r1r1r12000 »

The gap finally closed!

I'm at Month 17 (as of next week) and the elastic and powerchain combo finally closed the gap on my left side that has been delaying things for several months.
Side.jpg
I'm still wearing the elastic and new powerchains to keep the space closed. We're now on the finishing part of treatment. Look how things have changed!
Day 1 to Month 17 comparison.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.