Ongoing Braces Journal w/ Pics - Crossbite, Openbite, Crowding, Misalignment

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mimo1985

Re: Ongoing Braces Journal w/ Pics - Crossbite, Openbite, Crowding, Misalignment

#16 Post by Mimo1985 »

Today I went in to get my brackets removed so we can switch to Invisilign. Taking off the Innovation - C brackets, I will not lie, was pretty painful. They apparently use some different adhesive for self-ligating brackets and it hurts a lot more to get them off. Once that was over they polished my teeth and got my impressions for my clear retainers and the Invisilign trays (which wont be ready for another 2 weeks).

Im not digging the clear retainers as they are VERY thick but hey, Im happy with my smile right now so Im ok with it :)
Ill update once I get my Invisilign trays. Ill be wearing rubber bands as soon as I get them

Start Date: May 10 2016
Removal Date: Dec 10 2016
Anterior Crossbite
Anterior Openbite 2mm

atrixa

Re: Ongoing Braces Journal w/ Pics - Crossbite, Openbite, Crowding, Misalignment

#17 Post by atrixa »

They're looking really nice so far! Good luck with the invisalign!
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

Mimo1985

#18 Post by Mimo1985 »

atrixa wrote:They're looking really nice so far! Good luck with the invisalign!
Thank you! Im looking forward to it. I dislike these plastic trays as they are very thick and I cant bite down but its ok :) I hope Invisilign is not like that haha
Anterior Crossbite
Anterior Openbite 2mm

atrixa

#19 Post by atrixa »

Mimo1985 wrote: Thank you! Im looking forward to it. I dislike these plastic trays as they are very thick and I cant bite down but its ok :) I hope Invisilign is not like that haha
My lower retainer is very thick too. I think my retainer from my first set of braces was quite thin, and it didn't last long as a result. I'm a bit relieved this one is thicker, even though it feels really weird.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

Mimo1985

#20 Post by Mimo1985 »

atrixa wrote:
Mimo1985 wrote: Thank you! Im looking forward to it. I dislike these plastic trays as they are very thick and I cant bite down but its ok :) I hope Invisilign is not like that haha
My lower retainer is very thick too. I think my retainer from my first set of braces was quite thin, and it didn't last long as a result. I'm a bit relieved this one is thicker, even though it feels really weird.
Oh! I didnt think about it like that - maybe youre right? Maybe the thicker ones are better? I remmeber when I had my braces at 16 I had the horrible plastic/metal bar retainer. Have times changed!
Anterior Crossbite
Anterior Openbite 2mm

Mimo1985

#21 Post by Mimo1985 »

Got my Invisilign on yesterday!
Did a lot of IPR on the bottom and it was incredibly uncomfortable. Im sure it will be worth it.
I have two buttons glued to my teeth for the rubber bands which feel basically the same as braces - yet they dont. My teeth are sore like braces but I have to say I am preferring the Invisilign a lot more than the Innovation C braces. I cant say I hated my braces though, they did get me this far in my treatment :)

Lots of attachments! Most all of my top teeth have them, and only a few on the bottom - which is a shame because they are huge but I dont care at this point because you can barely see them, and you can barely see the rubber bands! :)

I have each tray to wear for 6 weeks and then Ill go back to get more trays. So far things looking good. The Invisilign progress simulation says by tray 6 the open bite part on the left will be closed. After that we are going to start opening up the top arch a bit so we can get the bottom teeth under from what my Ortho said. Really happy right now with my progress!

Anterior Crossbite
Anterior Openbite 2mm

Steph30

#22 Post by Steph30 »

Your teeth look great!.. sorry if I missed something in your previous posts but was invisilign always a part of your treatment or did you decide to switch part way through?