An Offer I Couldn't Refuse

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Enforcer

An Offer I Couldn't Refuse

#1 Post by Enforcer »

I had wanted braces for a long time mostly to fix a cross bite on the right side of my mouth. A local orthodontist aired a television commercial with an offer I couldn't refuse. I was so excited! Finally, I could afford braces!

I got my braces on October 29, 2016. Just in time for Halloween! There was no candy for me that year. I ate baby food for a month after my braces were put on. Actually, that's not entirely accurate. I sipped baby food out of the jars through a straw. I thought I'd never be able to chew again but on the bright side, at least I'd be forced to eat a good diet! :-D

I got the 3M Smart Clip Metal Braces. The first wire that was put in was the "spaghetti type" wire. Bendable and thin. It moved so much. It poked my cheeks so much. I had to go in many times, more than I'd like to count, to get it clipped.

I learned that the best thing for flossing was to use Floss Picks or Dental Flossers. Using a threader with floss was a pain in the rear for me.

January 7, 2016: I got a new wire put in. Within hours of leaving the orthodontist's office, the wire had moved and was once again poking my cheek. By then, I had gotten smarter, and learned that I could use a pair of needle-nosed pliers to shift the wire by myself so that it wouldn't poke me.

March 3, 2016: At the orthodontist's office they did this criss-cross wire deal to the front teeth, top and bottom.

April 28, 2016: A new wire was put in. A thicker, square shaped wire. Also the criss-cross thing put back on the top and bottom. I was now told to wear elastics. Mainland Asian Elephant, Heavy, 6.5 oz, 1/8". I was sore for two weeks. I went back to eating baby food for three days.

Wearing elastics has been a challenge for me. Many times, after brushing, I forget to put them on. At night, when I wake up to shift in bed, it feels like my jaw has been soldered together. When I press my tongue against the bottom teeth, it still feels sore.

My next appointment is on June 23, 2016. I am anxious to see what will happen at my next orthodontist adventure!

metalliKa

Re: An Offer I Couldn't Refuse

#2 Post by metalliKa »

Hooray for you! I hope for good news for you on your next adjustment too!

Btw, what was the offer he made that you couldn't refuse?
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

onwardsandupwards

Re: An Offer I Couldn't Refuse

#3 Post by onwardsandupwards »

Congrats on your progress so far! Yep, can completely relate to your feelings about elastics, but they work wonders and the more diligent you are the faster they will work! No pain, no gain :wink:

Good luck with your journey!