Lovely teeth is braced - happy 41st birthday.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lovelyteeth

Re: Lovely teeth is braced - happy 41st birthday.

#31 Post by Lovelyteeth »

metalliKa wrote:
Lovelyteeth wrote: Thank you. You said it. It's amazing what a small wire can do. So happy with my progress. I mentioned to my ortho last appointment that that one of my lateral incisors is still slightly behind central incisor. He was like oh they are pretty straight. Mmmm. I feel that I am super fussy now. Funny before braces they were so crooked but now I'm super fussy. I'm hoping it will still get sorted but I will raise some things I want to be 'improved'. I would also like him to do some filing after debrace to give teeth a better uniform shape and I guess I need to find out if that's part of the deal. Not sure he's as fussy as your ortho. How are you going?
It's great being braces free! Thanks for the asking! Flossing is a breeze and I don't have to run to the bathroom to make sure nothing is stuck on my teeth after eating! Retainers life is going well. I haven't had any issues though I noticed that I clench my teeth more now. Maybe because I'm still getting used to wearing retainers, something that is still foreign to my mouth.

I know what you mean about being fussy. My teeth are 200% straighter than they were and every time I look in the mirror, I will not pick every tooth. Despite my best effort to assure myself that my teeth are fine, I still see defects and imperfections in my smile. Oh, well!
Can't wait to not having to be so conscious of food getting stuck in teeth and braces. Not sure if it's the braces that stop food or that there are gaps between teeth now that weren't there before but especially between two from teeth and between one of my incisors food remains at the gum line at every meal. I'm thinking this is still going to happen after the braces are removed. Arghhhhhhh
As each day passes I'm getting closer and closer to my dream smile.

sneed1o1

#32 Post by sneed1o1 »

What kind of braces do you have? They look smaller than regular metal braces, or is it just me? :shock:

Lovelyteeth

#33 Post by Lovelyteeth »

sneed1o1 wrote:What kind of braces do you have? They look smaller than regular metal braces, or is it just me? :shock:
They are smaller. Speed System is brand name. Self ligating.

Lovelyteeth

#34 Post by Lovelyteeth »

If you are reading this and thinking should I do it and take the plunge to get Adult braces I say go for it. Absolutely no regrets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steph30

#35 Post by Steph30 »

Your teeth look great! :)

Lovelyteeth

#36 Post by Lovelyteeth »

Steph30 wrote:Your teeth look great! :)

Thank you. I study pictures and I am still critical of the way one tooth is still in my eyes slightly behind but I'll live with it if it can't be corrected. Compared to before they are 100 percent better. I'm wearing rubber bands at night now which I was scared about but they are totally fine.

bracinglp

#37 Post by bracinglp »

Thank you for sharing your story. I've been on the verge of backing out of getting braces, and this forum has been so helpful!

BlondeCam

#38 Post by BlondeCam »

Your smile looks amazing! I concur with your statement that if you're thinking about it, just do it! I'm so happy I finally did and am only 2 months in. Now I wonder why I waited so long.