ChewyBacca's extractions and braces at 37

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ChewyBacca

ChewyBacca's extractions and braces at 37

#1 Post by ChewyBacca »

So the journey has begun.

Before
image.jpg
After extractions but before braces
image.jpg
More details to follow - getting cried at by my 10 month old daughter!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aspiromusings

Re: ChewyBacca's extractions and braces at 37

#2 Post by aspiromusings »

Well done on taking the first steps and welcome to the club!

How are you feeling post extraction? I thought I'd be miserable but I was eating like nothing happened by dinnertime
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

ChewyBacca

#3 Post by ChewyBacca »

Just realised that those pictures are upside down! That's what happens when I post from my 'phone. Also, they look pretty gross. :FeelSick:

Like you I had no issues eating after my extractions, apart from the odd bit of rice finding its way into the extraction holes. :soremouth:

Now that I'm braced chewing is uncomfortable (getting easier though), but definitely no real issues chomping through my normal large amounts of noshings! I am only on day 5 though.

I'll post up a just been braced picture (the right way up) although I am finding it difficult to get decent selfies of my upper and lower arches. Any tips?

buffon85

#4 Post by buffon85 »

why did they take out the incisors?

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

ChewyBacca

#5 Post by ChewyBacca »

Day 1
Day 1.jpg
The ortho had to tie some brackets on wires!

It really was no issue getting the braces fitted. No pain and reasonably quick too.

On day 5 now of a total 12 month-ish projected timeline.

To fix:
10 mm overjet (apparently this could be reduced to around 4 mm, which I'd be very happy with)
peg lateral and undersized lateral incisors (now gone!)
canine substitution and reshaping
general squintiness of teeth
worn and chipped teeth to be fixed with bonding once we are done shifting them around
colouration - will probably get some whitening done

I'll try to document this as well as I can as I go. Hopefully I'll get better at taking pictures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChewyBacca

#6 Post by ChewyBacca »

I have crowding on my top arch and a 10 mm overjet, caused by the crowding and by my bottom teeth moving backwards

The extractions are to allow more space. We went for the lateral incisors as they not very good teeth, one being peg shaped and the other being undersized. I did have the option of keeping the undersized one and taking out a premolar, but the option I went with should give a more symmetrical finish.

aspiromusings

#7 Post by aspiromusings »

ChewyBacca wrote:Just realised that those pictures are upside down! That's what happens when I post from my 'phone. Also, they look pretty gross. :FeelSick:

Like you I had no issues eating after my extractions, apart from the odd bit of rice finding its way into the extraction holes. :soremouth:

Now that I'm braced chewing is uncomfortable (getting easier though), but definitely no real issues chomping through my normal large amounts of noshings! I am only on day 5 though.

I'll post up a just been braced picture (the right way up) although I am finding it difficult to get decent selfies of my upper and lower arches. Any tips?
Practice everyday! lol

I have now gotten to the point where I can get point the camera at just the right angle to get a decent shot of my upper extraction gaps (see my thread) :tingrin:
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*