Time to blossom - lilyflower's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lilyflower

Re: Time to blossom - lilyflower's story

#61 Post by lilyflower »

Week 6 Update:

So back from my orthodontist appointment which took less than 15 minutes - even with having the attachment that came off rebonded. Turns out it's more a retention (keep the tray in) attachment than a critical one. Got my next 4 sets today and go back in 8 weeks. I was warned that I wasn't going to see a lot of visible progress over these sets since it's focusing on the lower arch - expansion, intruding, etc.

There is a HUGE difference sometimes when switching aligners. For example, my top aligner for the last few days felt SO loose that it might fall out. The new one was a bit of a challenge to get in and I heard the definite crunch on it when I was sitting here with a chewie.

I looked through all of them and compared them to my first set and didn't see a massive difference except maybe a wider arch and some definite rotation of that canine. Right now things are DEFINITELY pressing on that.

Some pics - set 5:
IMG_3992.JPG
IMG_3994.JPG
IMG_3995.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The problems:
Lower crowding, a slightly rotated upper canine and a deep bite

Invisalign G5 started Oct 12, 2015
Attachments: 21
Total number of trays: 28 upper, 38 lower
Estimated treatment time: 18 months
Follow my progress http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49130

lilyflower

#62 Post by lilyflower »

Comparison Day 1 vs Week 6
IMG_3486.JPG
IMG_3991.JPG
So I think there's definitely BEEN progress - obviously not as much as I'd like but I'm impatient anyway
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The problems:

lilyflower

#63 Post by lilyflower »

Week 7:

So I am now 7 weeks in and up until this most recent set my upper aligner has been a piece of cake. In fact, I don't think it was really doing too much aside trying for some rotation on that canine. Everything I felt moving was on the bottom, that has most definitely changed with this set. I was warned by my ortho that I wouldn't see much visible movement over the next few sets since it was arch widening (on the lower) and intrusion/extrusion to correct my bite. I can definitely say that there's a lot more "heavy lifting" going on with this set since not only do I pretty much feel the pressure in my upper incisors but also in my lower pre-molars and canines.

What's most noticeable - even a week into this set is the pressure on top on my incisors. It doesn't HURT but way more pressure than any of my previous aligners have had. The first three aligners after about a week they were so loose in the front that I sometimes worried they'd come out this is definitely NOT the case this time. I guess the bottom has improved enough at this point that work on the top can actually start. The widening feels a little strange on the bottom but I'm used to the sensation from the last set so it doesn't register the pressure on the top is new obviously.

I keep reminding myself that after this series and my next January appointment that's when the big changes start - the lower crowding will start dramatically improving according to the clincheck. So I just have to kind of wait this phase out i guess. I'm really really hoping to lose the bite ramps in January. It's honestly the only thing about the aligners that I generally find annoying, I know I could have it worse so I'm not complaining about them - but they sooner they're gone the better in my book,
The problems:

lilyflower

#64 Post by lilyflower »

Long time - no posting.

I have a good reason, in addition to spraining my ankle, I also fell a few weeks later and ended up with a non-dislocated humerus fracture. That plus trying to work and the holidays have made things crazy busy on my end.

So I really thought I had the Invisalign regimen down. The pop out discreetly before eating something, the pop back in when I couldn't brush immediately. I even handled the non-stop barrage of Christmas food well.

Until last night when the dreaded thing happened - I cracked my lower aligner taking it out, it might've been carelessness or just that I've taken the last set in adn out more than usual, but there's a definite break so there's no reason to put that one back in. was due to switch to the next set on Monday and have to wear this set for three weeks ANYWAY because I had to postpone my ortho appointment for a week due to another medical procedure so I just moved onto the next set. (Aka set 7 of 28/38).

What I've noticed lately in terms of changes is that my rotated canine is definitely starting to turn I haven't noticed anything on the bottom over the past few sets but this it the arch widening stage so I was warned I wouldn't see much visible. I'm in the middle of New Year's Day cleaning so I'll take some pictures later and post.

Overall, I'm pretty happy so far, I haven't really had pain with the exception of the very second day of the first set. I've gotten very used to brushing in odd places and not stressing as much if I can't brush immediately (as long as I do it with a few hours I think I'm good). Most beverages are fine through a straw - (iced coffee especially). I haven't had any major staining of trays and after a few months the only people who know I even HAVE this are the ones I've told or people who've seen me take it in and out.
The problems:

lilyflower

#65 Post by lilyflower »

Okay, a few pictures...
IMG_3519.JPG
IMG_4142.JPG
IMG_4141.JPG
The problems:

lilyflower

#66 Post by lilyflower »

Long time no posting...

So it's been a rough couple of months with injuries and illnesses for me. I haven't had time to do an update.

I am now on my 9th set of aligners - and honestly, at this point, I don't even think about them much anymore with the exception of needing to take them in and out.

I think I've managed all the major issues so far - including the dreaded cracked aligner. Somehow I managed to crack the bottom of one of my aligners at the end of wearing (no big, I just jumped forward) and then managed on the next set to somehow crack the top on the very last day. I still haven't run into a set that can't be removed and haven't had any more issues with sharp edges, so that's good at least.

I'm about halfway through set 9 so I figured it's time for some pics

First off: the mess
IMG_3485.JPG
IMG_4141.JPG
An overall
IMG_4199.JPG
The problems:

lilyflower

#67 Post by lilyflower »

And some other updates.

So far my upper canine is definitely beginning to rotate. Also I've noticed a lot more width in my lower arch as the expansion's gone on. I have about two more sets of aligners that are going to focus on expansion in my lower arch before things start really straightening out down there then a lot going forward will be of course continued to be focused on remedying my deep bite.

Which at least is getting better.
IMG_4199.JPG
IMG_4202.JPG
IMG_4201.JPG
So things are starting to touch, as I know there's still some more expansion that has to be done before any intrusion/extrusion it's promising.
The problems:

lilyflower

#68 Post by lilyflower »

Had what was probably the quickest/easiest cleaning of my life on Friday. When you brush five times a day and floss at least twice there's very little for the hygienist to do besides compliment you on your good hygiene practices lol. On the upside, none of my attachments came off which was my fear.

I switch to set 10 on Tuesday. I've definitely noticed some changes - way more room on the bottom (much easier to floss, the mess being less messy etc) but there probably hasn't been anything super dramatic yet. I can typically feel what's moving, mostly the last few sets some pressure on molars and back teeth and a lot of pressure to rotate that upper canine. Nothing I'd describe as pain and nothing as bad as they first 48 hours.

I'm definitely one of those people now who can insert and remove aligners in seconds without a mirror. My method varies slightly depending on how much of a nail I have at a given time.

Generally, I've gotten used to this and the routine. I buy travel toothbrushes and travel size tubes of toothpaste in bulk. I keep extra cases on hand for emergencies or whatever. I've discovered most liquids can be done through a straw with little problem as long as they're not hot. That includes protein shakes and coffee.

I have to admit I'm looking forward to losing the bite ramps but suspect they're not going anywhere anytime soon. My tongue has gotten used to them and since it feels like there's more room in my mouth now they're not that bothersome. My speech is fine.

With the exception of people I've told and those who've seen me removing aligners in a bathroom no one has noticed and with 21 attachments that's great. This is definitely very discreet, and I haven't had any issues with sharp edges over the last few sets so there's been really no pain.

Overall, I'm very satisfied so far. Of course, I wish I was further along like everyone but after this retainers will be a cakewalk
The problems:

lilyflower

#69 Post by lilyflower »

Been a long time but life got in the way. Had a major illness and surgery which prevented posting here. Anyway on set 15 - midway and I definitely now have an open bite in the back even when the aligners aren't in. I'm back to four bite ramps as the mess straightens out. My ortho mentioned as I'm now getting close to the tail end of the upper treatment that my next appointment or one after will involve the mid course thing which she was planning initially somewhere around aligner 20.

I think a lot will involve how much that canine rotates and how much of the lower crowding can be fixed because she did mention possibly doing it further out. Either way I'm really hoping I somehow end up with less attachments but I'm doubting it. Pics to follow when I'm more awake
The problems: