Braces at 36..finally!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Slimt305

Braces at 36..finally!!!

#1 Post by Slimt305 »

Hello all I'm new to the braces family but it has been easier on me reading these post on everyone's story about their journey. Well I'm 36yrs and had my braces put on 10/01/15 and let me say my mouth is sore. I have an overjet, a few crooked & uneven teeth and also I'm missing 1 of my front teeth do to an car accident. I'm due to have a tooth screwed on after my braces treatment for my missing tooth, but for now the plan is to use a flipper tooth. Ortho wants to wait 1 to 2 month before adding the flipper tho. I was given a 24 month treatment time, so hopefully I fly thru these 2yrs. I will post picture as soon as I'm allowed to of my starting point. I hate I waited so long to get braces but I still have a lot of life left so I want to make the best of it. I rarely smile because of my jacked up mouth so I can't wait to show off my new smile. Ok that was just a little insight on myself, hopefully my journey can help someone else as the stories I read has made me feel better about getting braces.

metalliKa

Re: Braces at 36..finally!!!

#2 Post by metalliKa »

Welcome! It's so exciting reading about new braces journey! You'll find that the first couple of months are the hardest but also the most improvement you'll see. Just hang in there and soon you'll be on your way to a better smile!
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

Slimt305

#3 Post by Slimt305 »

Well I'm on day 7 and finally the soreness has went away. I'm kind of getting used to the braces being on I am reminded once it is time to eat. I haven't seen any movement in this short time but I do have my next appointment on 11/05 so hopefully I will have some movement by then. I will post pictures soon of my 1st day of braces so ppl can see me transformation.

bracedorange

#4 Post by bracedorange »

Congratulations! I got my braces on oct 2nd and I also have a two year estimate on my treatment. This is a fantastic community of people.

Slimt305

#5 Post by Slimt305 »

I'm late posting pictures these are 1 week later and sorry about the quality, I will take better ones soon. As you can see I need a lot of work and like I said earlier in post within 1 to 2 months othro is going to add a flipper for my missing tooth and when my braces come off I will have tooth implanted but I'm ready for this journey. Also congrats Bracedorange on your new journey and thanks as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lilyflower

#6 Post by lilyflower »

Welcome, how are you holding up so far?
The problems:
Lower crowding, a slightly rotated upper canine and a deep bite

Invisalign G5 started Oct 12, 2015
Attachments: 21
Total number of trays: 28 upper, 38 lower
Estimated treatment time: 18 months
Follow my progress http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49130

bb2015

#7 Post by bb2015 »

I am glad that I am not the only one going through similar at age 42.
I was going to get an implant few month ago for one of my front tooth but my oral surgeon said that I have a really bad tooth at the bottom and suggest that I should go back to my dentist for checkup.
My Dentist said that the tooth is not worth saving and i should remove it and given that I am going to get an implant, I should get my teeth straighten because once I get my implant, the implant tooth cant be moved
and I should consider getting braces to close off the lower gap once the tooth is removed.

I got fitted with braces 3 weeks ago and still not use to it as I have one false tooth attached to the bracket where the implant will be after braces treatment and my wire keep rubbing on my lower cheek around the missing tooth :-(

Slimt305

#8 Post by Slimt305 »

Well congrats bb2015 on getting your braces, I haven't received my false tooth as of yet I should be receiving it on next apt Nov.4. Hopefully at the end we will both will be happy with the results, I don't think its never too late to improve on yourself. :D

newbite

#9 Post by newbite »

Congrats on your braces! I suspect your teeth are going to start straightening out very quickly and pretty soon you will barely remember your teeth being anything other than straight!

I'm a little over a year in and about to get my braces off and I barely remember how my teeth used to feel. I have pictures to remind me how they looked, of course, but those pictures don't seem like "my" teeth anymore. It's a great feeling to have a balanced bite!

Good luck, and take lots of photos so you can track your progress!
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

bb2015

#10 Post by bb2015 »

Thanks Slimt305. Yes I didn't think that I would be getting braces at this age but I guest the end result is what I am most looking forward to. :D

MrPlenty

#11 Post by MrPlenty »

Congrats on taking this big step towards change! Good luck!

Alee

#12 Post by Alee »

Congrats! I was 32 when I got braced and I'll be 35 next month and I'm so anxious to get mine off! It's been 2.5 yrs and I was originally told 18-24 months. Should be off at the end of December!!! I think you'll love your new smile!

Slimt305

#13 Post by Slimt305 »

Thanks Alee I think I will like my new smile as well, and congrats on you being on your last month before getting your braces removed. I know you are excited and can't wait.

Slimt305

#14 Post by Slimt305 »

Happy New Year everyone, I haven't posted in a little over a month so I'm just updating with some photos of my 2nd visit on December 21. This was my 2nd visit I did get a flipper tooth for my tooth that was knocked out from my accident. I can't really bite in the front because the tooth is not solid it is just basically there so it does not look like I'm missing a tooth. I have not really experienced any discomfort I'm pretty use to wearing the braces now. Hope everyone is having a good experience as well and a great new year even though we are only 10 days in to the new year lol. I go back on 01/28 so I will do another update then. Talk to you soon. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Slimt305

#15 Post by Slimt305 »

Hello everyone I'm posting a little late from my adjustment from 01/28 but work/kids been taking up all of my time lol. Since its Sunday and its early I decided to do a update, well I have seen improvement at every adjustment which is very encouraging. When I went for my adjustment I was moved to a thicker wire on the bottom and kept the same wire on the top. I haven't really had any discomfort only maybe for like a day after wires were adjusted but 2nd day it was back to business as usual. My next appointment is 03/04 I think, so I will be back to update with pics. As you can see from pics I have made a little progress I have a long 2 year journey but I am ready. :D