My Damon Clear Story!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lovelyteeth

Re: My Damon Clear Story!

#76 Post by Lovelyteeth »

How did you go with debrace. Any pics?
As each day passes I'm getting closer and closer to my dream smile.

27braces88

#77 Post by 27braces88 »

And they're off!!

They're not perfect, the midline is slightly off and they're not all exactly the same shape, but I really don't care. I'm so happy with how they turned out. Money definitely well spent.
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
I've had them off for three days now and I've only managed to show my boyfriend. Came down with a horrible cold over the weekend so have been housebound since. Back to work tomorrow, I haven't told everyone so I'm going to see if they notice.

Debracing Day.

This ended up taking about three hours. First I went in and had all of the brackets snapped off. The cracking noise was really loud, it felt like my teeth were going to snap, especially the front lowers. The came the glue removal. This was the bit that I was worried about but it was fine. All of this took about 20 minutes.

Then I had half an hour with the dental hygienist who cleaned and polished my teeth. My teeth were pretty coffee/red wine stained so this was definitely needed.

I then had a 20 minute wait before going back in to get my bonding done and retainers fitted. While I was waiting the receptionist went and found the moulds taken at my first appointment. My teeth were so crooked! At this point I still hadn't been allowed to look at my teeth. I was told that I wasn't allowed until it was all finished so I could see the final result. Sitting in the waiting room with my phone in hand it was very tempting to take a sneak peak but I resisted. I just spent the whole time licking my new free teeth haha.

Then back in to get my bonding done. They evened up the front teeth and filled a gap in the lowers. Then it was time for my permanent retainers to be fitted. This involved a lot of floss fed through my teeth to hold the wire in place which was then glued on. And that was it. I was free. I go back in next week to pick up my essix retainer.

It's all over. Finally :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NeilH

#78 Post by NeilH »

What a super result, congratulations!

Lovelyteeth

#79 Post by Lovelyteeth »

Oh what an excellent result. So worth it. Did you get them whitened?

27braces88

#80 Post by 27braces88 »

Lovelyteeth wrote:Oh what an excellent result. So worth it. Did you get them whitened?
Thanks :) No I haven't had them whitened yet, just a good clean. I was heading off to Greece for a week a few days after I got my braces off and I knew I'd be drinking a lot of red wine so thought I'd leave it until I got back.

I picked up my Essix retainers yesterday. My ortho said that I only need to wear the overnight for the first few nights and then I could wear them an hour a day to keep everything in line. My permanent retainers should be doing most of the work anyway. Has anyone else been told this?

Lovelyteeth

#81 Post by Lovelyteeth »

Have you got permanent retainers top and bottom. My ortho won't put permanent on top and he says I'll need to wear retainer initially 24/7 then at night for life arghhhh as I run the risk of my arches collapsing even further than they had pre braces.

27braces88

#82 Post by 27braces88 »

Lovelyteeth wrote:Have you got permanent retainers top and bottom. My ortho won't put permanent on top and he says I'll need to wear retainer initially 24/7 then at night for life arghhhh as I run the risk of my arches collapsing even further than they had pre braces.
Yeah, permanent on top and bottom. I've been wearing my Essix retainers overnight anyway, I find that I don't notice it at all so figured I should just do it. I can't talk in them very well so I haven't worn them during the day at all, but overnight is absolutely fine.

I didn't pick them up until 2 and a half weeks after I'd had my braces off so they hurt a bit at first. Could feel that familiar tooth sensitivity. But now a few weeks in they're easy to put in and take out :)

I wouldn't worry about wearing them overnight, mine have been fine. Do you know which retainers you're getting?

onwardsandupwards

#83 Post by onwardsandupwards »

They look amazing! Congrats!! :jump: Got me super excited about getting mine off now :mrgreen:

Lovelyteeth

#84 Post by Lovelyteeth »

I think I'm getting fixed on bottom and Essix on top. He won't put permanent on top.

istase2000

#85 Post by istase2000 »

Beautiful teeth! :mrgreen:

ocicatmom

#86 Post by ocicatmom »

i am 38 new to this site and new to braces , i got damon clear on the top teeth and regular damon braces on the bottom . started december 7 th 2016 . third day a lot of pain , now on sunday feeling better , orthodontist said 16 to 18 months , would love feedback from other damon users :D

Prometheus

#87 Post by Prometheus »

I have the same hardware. The Damon clear on top feel much bigger than the metal brackets, but I eventually got used to them. In 20/20 hindsight I should have gone all metal. I needed braces for TMJD due to a lifelong posterior crossbite that caused my jaw to twist. The experience has been uneventful and only a minor annoyance so far. I was told it would take ~2 years, but that now seems wildly optimistic, it will be at least 3 years. I doubt that has anything to do with the hardware, more likely it's my age or possibly my thick skull...
Lower braces on March 11, 2015, upper braces added July 14, 2015.
Damon, metal bottom / clear top.
Braces off March 26, 2018: Total time in braces: 3 years, 2 weeks and 1 day.
Hawley retainers top and bottom.