19 Years Old: Braces Round 2 with Damon on top and bottom.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

igneous

19 Years Old: Braces Round 2 with Damon on top and bottom.

#1 Post by igneous »

So I've been reading a lot of these posts and they have helped with my nerves about getting braces again.

I'm a 19 year old male in college and currently in an amazing relationship and I decided it was time to fix my teeth, again.

My original orthodontist never treated my 13 year old molars that came in, so that led to my messed up open bite which eliminated any prospect of a quick treatment time for me. I have an 18 month treatment plan and I am extremely nervous and borderline afraid.

I really want to fix my teeth and it's just scaring me to have braces on them again.

Mostly afraid of what people will think or say even though I know most don't care, its still something on my mind. I am in need of constant emotional support from my mom and girlfriend because for some reason I am just afraid. Once I have them on I am sure I will get over the nerves.

I am getting Damon Clear on top and Damon Metal on the bottom, so I am a little curious as to how noticeable the clear are. I never really show my top teeth when I talk too much and you can never see my bottom.

I am getting them put on March 18th, 2 days before my birthday so it will be an eventful 20th birthday.

newbite

Re: 19 Years Old: Braces Round 2 with Damon on top and botto

#2 Post by newbite »

Congrats on making the decision to get braces again, although it's unfortunate you need to. You are doing it at a great time, you're still so young. It seems like most of us who are older end up saying "I wish I did this years ago!". And you are! Just remember to wear your retainers forever and you'll be ok (and avoiding round 3 :) ).

I have damon clear top and metal bottom and I love them (as much as a person can love braces). I got them the beginning of my second year of grad school and will have them at least part way through my third and final year. No one ever comments on them and unexpectedly I really wanted to talk about them when I first got them so i actually would bring it up with people!

I'm glad you have the support of your mom and girlfriend. Getting braces is a big commitment, but you know the drill (haha) and will be fine! Good luck, and let us know how it goes!
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

igneous

#3 Post by igneous »

[quote="newbite"]Congrats on making the decision to get braces again, although it's unfortunate you need to. You are doing it at a great time, you're still so young. It seems like most of us who are older end up saying "I wish I did this years ago!". And you are! Just remember to wear your retainers forever and you'll be ok (and avoiding round 3 :) ).

I have damon clear top and metal bottom and I love them (as much as a person can love braces). I got them the beginning of my second year of grad school and will have them at least part way through my third and final year. No one ever comments on them and unexpectedly I really wanted to talk about them when I first got them so i actually would bring it up with people!

I'm glad you have the support of your mom and girlfriend. Getting braces is a big commitment, but you know the drill (haha) and will be fine! Good luck, and let us know how it goes![/quote]
Thank you for such kind words!! I really don't know why I am so nervous again, normally I don't really care what people think of my appearance but this is just something different for me again since I'm in college. I just have to keep telling myself that no one even thinks anything of it! It's hard but once they are on my teeth I believe I will be okay

Featheryy1221

#4 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Hi! I'm in college currently at age 23, and I actually have metal braces. And you know what? Nobody I talk with or that I met, cares or looks at me differently. You know what else? I've actually noticed others with braces on campus since getting mine! Usually around your age, but I have seen people in their late 20s. The 40 year old receptionist for my college department even had metal braces on her bottom teeth. Damon clear are super unnoticeable, a girl in one of my classes had them and I kept wondering what was on her teeth until I realized oh it's braces! Lol.

Honestly you're doing this at a good time. Try not to be nervous! :) Eventually you'll get to the point where most of us are where we don't even notice our braces and/or can't wait to get them off!

Good luck!

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

igneous

#5 Post by igneous »

Thank you so much for commenting as well. I think it's just im afraid of doing it all over again, but 18 months isn't that long and it's just I need to get them on my teeth and then My nerves will subside. Thank you again!

mapleleafman888

#6 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Congrats on going for it again dude! You've got nothing to worry about, no one has ever made comments about my braces, and no one really cares...it's just braces. I was a 25 y/o when I got them so you being 19/20 is nothing! Just rock it and live.

As far as the damon braces go, yes the ceramics are really inconspicuous. This one girl I was dating though I was wearing a retainer haha.

Good luck with your treatment, it's not that bad being an adult brace wearer.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

Bridgettt

#7 Post by Bridgettt »

I got braces at 18! I can definitely relate to being nervous about what people say or think. Having that support is awesome and what I told myself was that getting braces was something that I wanted for myself and that it really does not matter what anyone thinks! You'd be surprised by how many people in college have braces or are getting them like yourself! It's almost like you attract other people with braces and have this little group haha! Good luck on round two! I'll be getting mine off March 2nd :D

igneous

#8 Post by igneous »

Thank you all for being so supportive. I keep stressing about this and im so tempted to chicken out. I hate how I beat myself up over this. I just need to get them on my teeth and ger used to having them again. 18 months just seems to get longer and longer in my head. I know for a fact when I have them on I won't be thinking about them 24/7 and my girlfriend is probably the best supporter right now, even though she's getting sick of hearing it heheheh. It's really a wonderful community here, I read all of your comments and stories and you all showing such kind emotions towards one another is a beautiful thing. I know I can do this, it's not like I'm going to war or getting all my teeth taken out. I think I juse hate that first 2 weeks when everyone asks me about them lol but we'll see how it goes. I already don't smile with my teeth too much because of being self conscious but I'm hoping I will soon enough.

igneous

#9 Post by igneous »

Also I will be posting pictures to keep a good track of my progress for myselr. Also side note; due to my open bite I honestly might cry when I can touch my front teeth together, again but it's been so long

Dougsey

#10 Post by Dougsey »

How's it going igneous? 2 weeks to go... you're still going for it I hope?
Click HERE for my journal

igneous

#11 Post by igneous »

Dougsey wrote:How's it going igneous? 2 weeks to go... you're still going for it I hope?
still going for it, it's going to be a long two weeks but the nerves have gone done significantly so we'll see lol. I am definitely getting them on, I have been telling people so they aren't shocked.

Will be posting up close and personal photos once they are on too.

igneous

#12 Post by igneous »

Just had the ligatures they use for normal braces put in between my molars to make space for the braces im getting! Almost at a week now!! I'm getting more and more excited. My ortho said that they always say 18 months for a treatment plan so since my bite isnt skeletal I could be getting them off sooner. She said a recent person had them off within 10 months! Holy crap! So we'll see folks :) hope all is well, if you're reading this

AJP1

#13 Post by AJP1 »

Hi,

Good luck with your Damon journey!

Can I ask whether or not you were given the option of having clear on your lower arch?

I only ask as I too am about to embark on finally sorting out my grill, and I've visited two different orthos;

one who has given the OK to have clear on both arches while the other uses metal for the bottom.

So I'm a bit split of who use.

Thanks!

igneous

#14 Post by igneous »

AJP1 wrote:Hi,

Good luck with your Damon journey!

Can I ask whether or not you were given the option of having clear on your lower arch?

I only ask as I too am about to embark on finally sorting out my grill, and I've visited two different orthos;

one who has given the OK to have clear on both arches while the other uses metal for the bottom.

So I'm a bit split of who use.

Thanks!
I was only given the option of clear on top, I never show my bottom teeth so I dont mind

igneous

#15 Post by igneous »

Less than 24 hours folks!! The negative nerves are gone but I'm just anxious now. New smile same me