Wonky to Wonderful: My Smile Renovation

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cdmoses6

Re: Wonky to Wonderful: My Smile Renovation

#91 Post by cdmoses6 »

My adjustment today went great! I had three brackets removed and repositioned. It wasn't too bad when they popped off the brackets. The worst part for me was getting the glue off. Only because it involved really cold air that hurt my sensitive teeth.

I also got to brush and floss with no wires. It was awesome, I've never done that before. And I'm super relieved that my teeth had zero signs of staining! Yayyy!! Very happy about that. It was pretty cool getting to see a few teeth with out braces. Definitely a nice little sneak peek!

And here are some pictures! Huge again, but can't resize on my phone.
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229

Lorianne

#92 Post by Lorianne »

They are looking really great! Glad you have no staining too!

impec

#93 Post by impec »

Wow can't wait to reach such results. I'm still looking for a good ortho, one with experience with TADS.

cdmoses6

#94 Post by cdmoses6 »

Ahhhh!!!!! :-*

I got some AWESOME news today at my adjustment! I am only 1 year and 1 month into a sentence of 2 years, but I was told today that I should only have 2-4 adjustments left!! EEEeeekkk!!! :dance: I'm so excited! I do still have some time left, but I am just excited to hear the first talk of the end of these braces! Today I got a new power chain (purple!), a "step-down" in my bottom wire from 2-2 to bring those teeth up a little, and a "step-up" in my upper wire to bring my right lateral incisor down a little. I am also now in box elastics... not exactly stoked about this! I thought I was done with elastics! Wahhh... They are already giving me a headache. Oh well! I'll get used to them again I'm sure.

My next appointment isn't until May 13th, which is 6 weeks out. I could've sworn my ortho said 3-4 weeks, but the receptionist made me go out 6 weeks. She was obviously new and she was having some issues with scheduling the appointment already, so I didn't push it. I am trying to make sure and be patient! I want to be 100% satisfied with my outcome. So next time I will getting some "Hollywood" done. I think what he described that as was like the filing of the top of my teeth so they are all perfectly flat and aligned. Right now some of them have bumpy tops so it will look much better after that. They will be doing a "pano" which I believe is a panoramic xray - probably to make sure my roots look okay. And the receptionist also used the term "Check Pop" which on my treatment plan was CHKPOP. I have no idea what it stands for but basically it means you're getting checked to see if you're ready to get your braces off!

Adios for now! I'll try and upload some new pictures, but there's not much difference from last time!

cdmoses6

#95 Post by cdmoses6 »

PROGRESS PICTURES!!!! :mrgreen:

The tooth that bothers me the most is my top central incisor that is like slanted!! I can't believe my ortho doesn't notice this! I am really bummed that I didn't get it corrected today when I thought we had already discussed it. Oh well, next time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beckett

#96 Post by Beckett »

Amazing transformation! I love seeing before and after pics of members who are nearing the end of their treatment. I have to figure out how to get pics up of my teeth, but I don't have any online photo hosting accounts.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

Dougsey

#97 Post by Dougsey »

Looks awesome! Your ortho may be planning on filing that central a bit to square it off which will make a big difference :)

Keep up the good work!

Doug
Click HERE for my journal

cdmoses6

#98 Post by cdmoses6 »

Quick update!

I was able to get my appointment a little sooner and I am SO relieved! I was put in box elastics to keep my incisors from biting on my lower brackets and my bite is ALREADY different. Which I think is crazy cause I can't really wrap my mind around how the box configuration has acheived this. But anyway, my next appointment is May 4th instead of May 13th! Woop woop! I already feel like I would be completely satisfied if got my braces off today (after the filing though.) I actually called back twice to reschedule lol because the first time they said May 10th, but then I realized I should've asked about the week prior so I called back because I wanted the earliest appointment as possible! I'm sure I seemed a little annoying but, oh well! I am so glad I called back again cause otherwise I would have had anxiety about having to wait. Only 4 weeks and 1 day till my next appointment! I really hope I can get a debracing date at that appointment! We will see!

thegolfer86

#99 Post by thegolfer86 »

How did your last appointment go? Seems like you're getting pretty close to the end so you must be excited about that!

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind. First off your orthodontist office (3 orthos, multiple locations), the brand of braces, & Carlos OKelleys sound very familiar. You're not in Kansas are you? Anyways, the orthodontist I might see (mentioned in previous sentence) has also recommended 2 upper extractions (possibly lower too) & the Empower Self-Ligating braces. Are you happy with the Empower braces and what is this box elastics thing you've mentioned? :)

thegolfer86

#100 Post by thegolfer86 »

[quote="thegolfer86"]How did your last appointment go? Seems like you're getting pretty close to the end so you must be excited about that!

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind. First off your orthodontist office (3 orthos, multiple locations), the brand of braces, & Carlos OKelleys sound very familiar. You're not in Kansas are you? Anyways, the orthodontist I might see (mentioned in previous sentence) has also recommended 2 upper extractions (possibly lower too) & the Empower Self-Ligating braces. Are you happy with the Empower braces and what is this box elastics thing you've mentioned? :)[/quote]

ahh, just noticed your location. I'm in Wichita.

cdmoses6

#101 Post by cdmoses6 »

thegolfer86 wrote:How did your last appointment go? Seems like you're getting pretty close to the end so you must be excited about that!

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind. First off your orthodontist office (3 orthos, multiple locations), the brand of braces, & Carlos OKelleys sound very familiar. You're not in Kansas are you? Anyways, the orthodontist I might see (mentioned in previous sentence) has also recommended 2 upper extractions (possibly lower too) & the Empower Self-Ligating braces. Are you happy with the Empower braces and what is this box elastics thing you've mentioned? :)
It went great thanks! They addressed some issues I've been having and I am just that much closer to being finished (fingers crossed!!) I am very happy with the type of braces that I have. Since they are self-ligating, you don't have to worry about the elastic bands around each tooth. Which is nice because you dont have to even think about colors unless you get a power chain. Or subsequent staining of colors (red wine has turned my teal power chain green! :yuck: ) The box elastics are the rubber bands that connect the bottom teeth with the top. This configuration is called a "box" because it kind of makes the shape of a box. The rubber bands go around my back two teeth on the bottom and two of my front teeth on top (the canines and 1st premolars). It's to help close my bite a little. And how crazy is that, you're the first person I've met here from Wichita! I go to Dr. Trimmell, he's awesome! :) how are things going with you??

thegolfer86

#102 Post by thegolfer86 »

cdmoses6 wrote:
thegolfer86 wrote:How did your last appointment go? Seems like you're getting pretty close to the end so you must be excited about that!

It went great thanks! They addressed some issues I've been having and I am just that much closer to being finished (fingers crossed!!) I am very happy with the type of braces that I have. Since they are self-ligating, you don't have to worry about the elastic bands around each tooth. Which is nice because you dont have to even think about colors unless you get a power chain. Or subsequent staining of colors (red wine has turned my teal power chain green! :yuck: ) The box elastics are the rubber bands that connect the bottom teeth with the top. This configuration is called a "box" because it kind of makes the shape of a box. The rubber bands go around my back two teeth on the bottom and two of my front teeth on top (the canines and 1st premolars). It's to help close my bite a little. And how crazy is that, you're the first person I've met here from Wichita! I go to Dr. Trimmell, he's awesome! :) how are things going with you??
Ahh, the word "box" makes sense now haha. That is pretty cool you're here from Wichita as well. Also glad to hear they've done good with your teeth over there. Your progress pictures looked great by the way! I'm still awaiting my treatment to get going. Soon though, hopefully within the next 45 days :) Dr. Snider, who I'm sure you've met, happens to be one of the two orthodontists I'm considering after consultations; the other, well, he charges more but has an amazing resume as an orthodontist. I could blame the delay on having so many projects currently on-going, but honestly, I'm just indecisive & can't make a decision on who, lol.
Empower SL: 2 August 2016 to est. Fall 2018

cdmoses6

#103 Post by cdmoses6 »

Good morning everyone!!

I had my last adjustment on Friday! Which means I got my debracing date!!!! AHHHH!!!! :-* I will get my braces off at 7am on Monday July 25th and I couldn't be happier! The only bummer is I feel like that's a really really long time away lol I hope it flies by! I cannot wait to see my new smile! I didn't think it would be so hard to imagine what my smile would look like without braces but it really is.

So I have some interesting news to share regarding my retainers. My ortho office has some pretty high-tech gear I guess! I will be getting the clear essix retainers on top and bottom with a bite plate (to keep me from grinding my teeth). Instead of doing an impression in the tray with the stuff, they use a wand device that takes pictures of your teeth. The pictures are put together to form a full digital image of your teeth. This will then be uploaded to their 3D printer which will print a model of my teeth that will be used as the mold for making my retainers. How cool is that!!

Now I just have to wait! :crazy:

cdmoses6

#104 Post by cdmoses6 »

So here's just a quick photo update! I'm still on track to be debraced on July 25th! Super excited :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SinkFullOfDinner

#105 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

Fantastic! Looks like they're ready to come off today.