Damon Clear - aspiromusings braced @33 story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aspiromusings

Re: Damon Clear - aspiromusings braced @33 story

#16 Post by aspiromusings »

Ok so the metal bracket right at the end of my right jaw top brace has come off as I discovered this morning however thanks to the curl thing my orthodontist at the end of my wire the bracket is staying put (though unglued from the back tooth)

I'm seeing an ortho (not mine) closer to my home to get it glued back on day after but in the meantime I am freakinggggg outtt lol

What did you guys do when one of your brackets came off?
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

aspiromusings

#17 Post by aspiromusings »

Day 2 progress - canine of the right is starting to come down, top is starting to arch out a bit (or maybe it's all in my head since its only been 2 days lol)

aspiromusings

#18 Post by aspiromusings »

bracket reattached - whew!

I did have to take half a day off for it for work though which was a bit annoying...

Things I've learnt so far being in braces: -

- it really isnt all that bad!, apart from my teeth being slightly sensitive it has not been to any degree excruciating at all

- its good for weight loss - due to the inability to chew properly and rigorous post meal cleaning routine I have been very selective about what I eat and when I eat it - clothes are fitting better and I actually feel like I have more energy

- PLEASE INVEST IN A WATERPIK! - honestly it is the best thing since sliced bread (which I still can't eat) and makes the cleaning ritual so much less stressful

- my teeth have never been cleaner!

- everybody sees it but no one really cares all that much or enough to comment - if this is whats stopping you from getting braces don't! I was a bit conscious the first few days but now am smiling nice and wide ;) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

- take loads of photos - I'm taking one every night before bed - at the end of this journey I will be able to do a morph video of my teeth's progression :D :D :D - seeing progress also keeps you motivated to keep going at it

Skeetergirl

#19 Post by Skeetergirl »

Wow, movement on day 2 must be exciting! I go for my molds and records on the 2nd and I'm already pretty nervouse and excited at the same time.

aspiromusings

#20 Post by aspiromusings »

Skeetergirl wrote:Wow, movement on day 2 must be exciting! I go for my molds and records on the 2nd and I'm already pretty nervouse and excited at the same time.
yes and they've only moved more since, im quite pleased :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and its normal hehe, you should be excited as you're doing something good for your teeth

I was nervous as well and in fact just before the braces were on I had second thoughts, of course by then it was too late lol, that said it did not hurt at all, in fact 6 days in now and I still only have shaky and slightly sensitive teeth, no excruciating pain or sores of any sort (which I was expecting after reading stories on here), I can only conclude the type of braces you get make a difference, which ones are you getting do you know yet?

Whatever it is dont be nervous, take a tylenol or two before you go in and focus on happy thoughts of the final result, you'll be fine! let me know how you go Skeetergirl

Skeetergirl

#21 Post by Skeetergirl »

Thanks, aspiromusings, I'm getting all metal. I've decided that my first ligs will be baby pink too since I have a Granddaughter due on May 17th. I've decided not to tell family so I will debute my braces, dressed in pink, to everyone as we visit everyone for her birth. LOL

I'm glad you are having such a great experience.

Braces, Transpalatal Arch and Lower Lingual Arch
Start Date: 05/20/2015 (1 week before my 56th birthday)
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Debond Date: 10/19/2017 (2 years 5 months)

aspiromusings

#22 Post by aspiromusings »

Skeetergirl wrote:Thanks, aspiromusings, I'm getting all metal. I've decided that my first ligs will be baby pink too since I have a Granddaughter due on May 17th. I've decided not to tell family so I will debute my braces, dressed in pink, to everyone as we visit everyone for her birth. LOL

I'm glad you are having such a great experience.
Congrats on the granddaughter Skeetergirl! wow you must be excited

Please do keep us updated with your progress =)

twentyseven

#23 Post by twentyseven »

aspiromusings wrote:bracket reattached - whew!

I did have to take half a day off for it for work though which was a bit annoying...

- it really isnt all that bad!, apart from my teeth being slightly sensitive it has not been to any degree excruciating at all

- its good for weight loss - due to the inability to chew properly and rigorous post meal cleaning routine I have been very selective about what I eat and when I eat it - clothes are fitting better and I actually feel like I have more energy

- PLEASE INVEST IN A WATERPIK! - honestly it is the best thing since sliced bread (which I still can't eat) and makes the cleaning ritual so much less stressful

- everybody sees it but no one really cares all that much or enough to comment - if this is whats stopping you from getting braces don't! I was a bit conscious the first few days but now am smiling nice and wide ;) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

- take loads of photos - I'm taking one every night before bed - at the end of this journey I will be able to do a morph video of my teeth's progression :D :D :D - seeing progress also keeps you motivated to keep going at it
I totally agree with everything, especially with the part about no one commenting about braces. For example, yesterday we visited my in-laws, I think they didn't even notice my braces... So in this aspect, it seems much better to get braces as an adult, and not as a kid :-*

aspiromusings

#24 Post by aspiromusings »

twentyseven wrote:
aspiromusings wrote:bracket reattached - whew!

I totally agree with everything, especially with the part about no one commenting about braces. For example, yesterday we visited my in-laws, I think they didn't even notice my braces... So in this aspect, it seems much better to get braces as an adult, and not as a kid :-*
Totally twentyseven, and also as an adult you care a lot less about what people think as well lol, I spent months leading up to this dreading my life in braces and really now the only regret I have is not starting earlier!

aspiromusings

#25 Post by aspiromusings »

9 days in and just thought I'd also share my diet routine. Here's what a typical day can look for me meals wise, i didn't want to go down the high carb (mashed potato, congee etc) route as I'm also training 3-4 times a week so I opted for a fairly high protein diet as below

1. Breakfast - whey protein + banana + chia seeds + ground flax + avocado + almond milk => put in blender

2. Mid morning - a box of chocolate milk (too lazy to floss so tend to not eat anything too solid)

3. Lunch - chicken breast, vegies and chicken broth => chicken breast put into blender to mash up a bit before putting back into the soup

4. Afternoon snack - spiru protein shake + almond milk

5. workout drink - 2 x whey protein before after

6. dinner - steamed brocolli and eggs

7. dessert - baby food - favs inc, mashed pears, mashed banana & raspberries and mango & banana, seriously yum

Getting plenty of healthy calories in so I don't starve, fairly liquid so it reduces the need to chew a lot while staying fairly low in sugar to prevent unwanted cavities during my brace sentencing :-* :-* :mrgreen:

Hope this helps!

aspiromusings

#26 Post by aspiromusings »

Hi!

So its come to this, I'm getting my top row 2x premolars extracted in 2 weeks time.... does anybody have any useful tips/tricks to prepare for and to cope with post extraction?

I have many questions: -

1. Can I brush? If not how soon can I brush again? (I'm obsessed with brushing and paranoid about decay now post braces)

2. How soon before exercising again?

3. How long does it take for the gap to close?

4. I should have about 3 days rest after this (inc the weekend), is this enough?

what else should I know?

twentyseven

#27 Post by twentyseven »

Hello!
aspiromusings wrote:Hi!

So its come to this, I'm getting my top row 2x premolars extracted in 2 weeks time.... does anybody have any useful tips/tricks to prepare for and to cope with post extraction?

1. Can I brush? If not how soon can I brush again? (I'm obsessed with brushing and paranoid about decay now post braces) - I think that I first brushed the morning after so about after 12 hours), you should just avoid these spots

2. How soon before exercising again? Your dentist will tell you, it depends on whether the extraction went smoothly :)

3. How long does it take for the gap to close? This I don't know, but I've heard it's about 1 year before they close

4. I should have about 3 days rest after this (inc the weekend), is this enough? Yeah, sure - I went to work next day after my extraction = no problem, no swelling, etc.
Good luck!!!

aspiromusings

#28 Post by aspiromusings »

twentyseven wrote:Hello!

1. Can I brush? If not how soon can I brush again? (I'm obsessed with brushing and paranoid about decay now post braces) - I think that I first brushed the morning after so about after 12 hours), you should just avoid these spots

2. How soon before exercising again? Your dentist will tell you, it depends on whether the extraction went smoothly :)

3. How long does it take for the gap to close? This I don't know, but I've heard it's about 1 year before they close

4. I should have about 3 days rest after this (inc the weekend), is this enough? Yeah, sure - I went to work next day after my extraction = no problem, no swelling, etc.
Good luck!!!
hi twentyseven! thanks for the advise

My orthodontist didnt seem too concerned so hopefully a few days of inactivity should suffice

In terms of the gaps closing I sure hope it doesnt take a year lol although its not like I have much of a choice =s I have heard though that upper row gaps close faster than the bottom so hopefully that is the case

How far along are you with your journey and when did you have your extractions?

twentyseven

#29 Post by twentyseven »

aspiromusings wrote:
twentyseven wrote:Hello!

Good luck!!!
hi twentyseven! thanks for the advise

My orthodontist didnt seem too concerned so hopefully a few days of inactivity should suffice

In terms of the gaps closing I sure hope it doesnt take a year lol although its not like I have much of a choice =s I have heard though that upper row gaps close faster than the bottom so hopefully that is the case

How far along are you with your journey and when did you have your extractions?

I've been mostly okay, thank you :) Today I'm celebrating one month in my lowers, and in a few days it'll be 3 months in my uppers. I hope you're right about upper gaps closing faster:D I had my extraction 3 months ago and I can already see the gap slightly closing:) Good luck!

aspiromusings

#30 Post by aspiromusings »

Day 31 update

Before and Day 2 update