Damon Clear - aspiromusings braced @33 story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NeilH

Re: Damon Clear - aspiromusings braced @33 story

#76 Post by NeilH »

Hi, What super progress, you are going to have a lovely result when finished. I quite agree, you soon start to care very little for what people might think but in reality, I'm sure most people are supportive and can see you are doing something really positive to improve yourself. Keep going with the elastics, they are a wonder of modern orthodontics and work their magic very effectively.

aspiromusings

#77 Post by aspiromusings »

NeilH wrote:Hi, What super progress, you are going to have a lovely result when finished. I quite agree, you soon start to care very little for what people might think but in reality, I'm sure most people are supportive and can see you are doing something really positive to improve yourself. Keep going with the elastics, they are a wonder of modern orthodontics and work their magic very effectively.
Hi NeilH thanks for the words of encouragement I really appreciate it :D

Yes I am getting very used to my braced look, I've stopped obsessing and taking a million daily pictures of my teeth and looking in the mirror to see if there is any movement, I think though based on most of the posts on here most adult brace wearers go through a similar experience =)
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

aspiromusings

#78 Post by aspiromusings »

It has been a long LONG while since I've posted however I am proud to say that as of 15th Dec 2017 I am free of braces! Here are some before and after pics

What I have learn from my braced journey
(1) It has not been easy especially when your whole mouth hurts post monthly adjustments but you gotta think long term and how it will be worth it
(2) I never knew how horrible my teeth were until now (!)
(3) Be patient! It took FOREVER for my extraction gaps to close nicely but yea it was worth it
(4) Nothing beats the feeling of seeing how nice and straight your teeth are when the braces are finally off!, I couldn't sleep the night before D-day in excitement and anticipation
(5) My face shape changed dramatically (in a good way) due to braces and the extractions
(6) Brushing now, compared to before and during braces is SO MUCH EASIER! no more 5 brushes of different sizes to get into all the nooks and tight corners!
(7) I had phobia of relapse the first few days as my braces were no longer there to keep my teeth in place, I dreamt of my teeth falling out :lol:
(8) I still brush after every meal now even though the braces are out - I have invested way too much in this to go back to where I was before
(9) I am wearing my retainers religiously and plan to get a permanent retainer on the top row as well (already put in the bottom row retainer during the debracing) to prevent the possibility of any future relapses

Anddd that's it! I can hardly believe I am done, 1,002 days later but I am sure glad I did it

This forum has been invaluable especially in the beginning when I didnt know what was what so thank you to ALL of you

bracefaceislife

#79 Post by bracefaceislife »

I can't see the photobucket attachments - but is the smile in the thumbnail yours? Beautiful! Also Asian, plannig on getting Damon clear, with extractions (you're the future me!) so this was a really great thread to read :D

aspiromusings

#80 Post by aspiromusings »

aspiromusings wrote:It has been a long LONG while since I've posted however I am proud to say that as of 15th Dec 2017 I am free of braces! Here are some before and after pics

What I have learnt from my braced journey

(1) It has not been easy especially when your whole mouth hurts post monthly adjustments but you gotta think long term and how it will be worth it
(2) I never knew how horrible my teeth were until now (!)
(3) Be patient! It took FOREVER for my extraction gaps to close nicely but yea it was worth it
(4) Nothing beats the feeling of seeing how nice and straight your teeth are when the braces are finally off!, I couldn't sleep the night before D-day in excitement and anticipation
(5) My face shape changed dramatically (in a good way) due to braces and the extractions
(6) Brushing now, compared to before and during braces is SO MUCH EASIER! no more 5 brushes of different sizes to get into all the nooks and tight corners!
(7) I had phobia of relapse the first few days as my braces were no longer there to keep my teeth in place, I dreamt of my teeth falling out :lol:
(8) I still brush after every meal now even though the braces are out - I have invested way too much in this to go back to where I was before
(9) I am wearing my retainers religiously and plan to get a permanent retainer on the top row as well (already put in the bottom row retainer during the debracing) to prevent the possibility of any future relapses

Anddd that's it! I can hardly believe I am done, 1,002 days later but I am sure glad I did it

This forum has been invaluable especially in the beginning when I didnt know what was what so thank you to ALL of you

aspiromusings

#81 Post by aspiromusings »

So sorry I didnt realise photobucket doesn't work anymore, re-uploaded =)