BeautifulDisaster - Story Revealed

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BeautifulDisaster

Re: BeautifulDisaster - Story Revealed

#31 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

lilymouth wrote:Hey BeautifulDisaster! I can't see your pictures yet (new member), but it sounds like things are going really well for you. Congrats :) I also have severe crowding and am due to have 4 extractions. I was just wondering how crowded your teeth were and how are they expanding to make space? I really want to avoid extractions, but I have receding gums so I'm not sure if that will be possible :cry:
You should be able to see my pictures now! What really helped in my case was that my side teeth were tilted inwards. I had an upper and lower canine that were blocked out. Once my teeth started straightening out vertically, there was enough space to get those teeth in line with the rest. My ortho wasn't sure this would work, but we both decided it was worth a shot before resorting to extractions. I'm very happy it has worked out so far!
My ortho originally thought I would be an extraction case. So did another ortho I consulted with. My best suggestion is to shop around and keep an open mind.

Orchid, the only reason I have such great progress is because of how bad my teeth were to begin with! You may not see such dramatic progress, but it's because your teeth had a much better starting point!

Thanks bracked159 & Amanda88!

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574

ItsFreyja

#32 Post by ItsFreyja »

Wow, one of the best 6-month transformations I've seen here! Fantastic.

BeautifulDisaster

#33 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

Thanks ItsFreyja! I'm pretty amazed with the progress myself!

Time is flying by. I haven't had a chance to post my 7 month update, and it's almost time to take my 8 month pictures.
2015Month7-Comparison.jpg
040515Month7-UppersComparison.jpg
20150405Month7-LowersComparison.jpg
This wasn't the most exciting update, but that's probably why I got new wires and hardware shortly after these pictures were taken.

I should be taking my 8 month pictures this weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

27 year old female

KaylaChristine

#34 Post by KaylaChristine »

Your teeth have moved so much these past months! I just compared your initial ones to this. Wow!
Braced on October 14, 2014.
Lefort I and vertical ramus osteotomy: June 15, 2015
Braces to be removed January 5, 2017.

buffon85

#35 Post by buffon85 »

great progress! i almost have the same problem with the lateral incisor and the canine! I hope I will have the same fast progress!

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

BeautifulDisaster

#36 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

Finally my 8 months update.
2015Month8-Comparison.jpg
050315Month8-UppersComparison.jpg
201500503Month8-LowersComparison.jpg
The big news on this update is the new hardware. My first molars finally joined the bracket party. I was also switched to a square/rectangular wire.
My upper canine still needs to do some rotating.
At least the end of my transpalatal bar is finally in sight. It should be coming off around the 10 month mark.

My updates seem to be a lot less interesting now that my teeth have "settled" a bit. There were definitely more changes to spot when my teeth were more crowded.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

27 year old female

tartanhabit

#37 Post by tartanhabit »

Wow, so much progress. You must be thrilled. Thanks for posting pics.

Skeetergirl

#38 Post by Skeetergirl »

Your progress is amazing and beautiful! I am only 19 days in and have seen some progress, I can only hope for movement like yours. I'll continue to watch your amazing smile get better and better!

Braces, Transpalatal Arch and Lower Lingual Arch
Start Date: 05/20/2015 (1 week before my 56th birthday)
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Debond Date: 10/19/2017 (2 years 5 months)

Lorianne

#39 Post by Lorianne »

wow, you had a pretty smile to begin with, but now, it's GORGEOUS! you must be completely thrilled! how much longer?

metalliKa

#40 Post by metalliKa »

BD, amazing and quick progress! I can't wait until my half year mark! Beautiful smile by the way!
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

MrPlenty

#41 Post by MrPlenty »

:D amazing results!

BeautifulDisaster

#42 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

I am finally back with my 9 month update.
2015Month9-Comparison.jpg
052915Month9-LowersComparison.jpg
052915Month9-UppersComparison.jpg
i didn't get the best picture updates, but not much has changed.
I finally got my molar buildups removed.
As you can see, I also started wearing elastics. (3M Unitek Elastics in Bill)
My lower wire was switched to a round wire, only because they didn't have the equivalent in a square wire.

I can't wait to see my jaws come together as my bite improves.

27 year old female

BeautifulDisaster

#43 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

And here's my 10 month update.
2015Month10-Comparison.jpg
071015Month10-LowersComparison.jpg
071015Month10-UppersComparison.jpg
I just had my 6-month cleaning. Unfortunately, I have a small cavity forming on the biting surface of a molar. It makes me nervous about the number of cavities we will find once my braces come off. My teeth have always been prone to cavities. I have switched back to my Oral-B electric toothbrush to see if that will help.

On a more positive note, the elastics seem to be working. My open bite has already closed quite a bit. I stopped wearing elastics for about 10 days when two brackets came loose, including an upper canine that holds up the elastic. Now that they have been rebonded, I am back to regular elastic wearing.

I have another appointment in about 2 weeks to have a couple of brackets repositioned. It's supposed to ensure proper root positioning.

I should've brought this up on my 9 month update, but in terms of wearing elastics...it has been a breeze. I haven't experienced any significant soreness. I kind of like the "pressure." When I first started wearing them, I liked making "chewing" movements because it reminded me of chewing gum (which I haven't had in 10 months!). I don't mind them at all, although they create yet another obstacle from being able to snack.

27 year old female

tania123

#44 Post by tania123 »

Hi there,
just read through your story. Your progress sounds great, I would love to be at that point already.
You wrote that you are very prone to cavities. Its the same for me and therefore, my dentist tries to talk my out of that entire braces thing. He says my teeth are too weak already and so on. Do you face any special problem now regarding your fillings/ cavities with the braces on? Did anybody tell you whether there is a risk concerned with that?
Thanks,
Tania

BeautifulDisaster

#45 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

tania123 wrote:Hi there,
just read through your story. Your progress sounds great, I would love to be at that point already.
You wrote that you are very prone to cavities. Its the same for me and therefore, my dentist tries to talk my out of that entire braces thing. He says my teeth are too weak already and so on. Do you face any special problem now regarding your fillings/ cavities with the braces on? Did anybody tell you whether there is a risk concerned with that?
Thanks,
Tania
My general dentist highly encouraged me to get braces. My teeth were so crowded before that it was difficult to maintain the right level of hygiene. My bite was also wearing down my teeth in the wrong way. Braces would help me with both issues.

The only issue I had at the beginning was that a ceramic bracket kept falling off a pre-molar crown. Once we changed it to a metal bracket, I haven't had any issues. I even got a root canal while in braces, and we will finish the post and crown once my braces come off.

Braces are definitely a nuisance, but I can only imagine how easy brushing and flossing is going to be once they come off!

27 year old female